Honda CIVIC 2007 door lock problem

Hi, All

I have recently purchased a Honda CIVIC Vti-L 2007 model privately
    I have then found out that I won't be able to unlock/lock the car via using the key (not the remote)
    The remote works fine and the keys can start the car with no problem, it can also opent the boot

I was told by dealer, the key/or driver door lock need recode, it will cost me $160

As this is not an urgent matter, and I really want to leave the dealer option as my last choice

Is there anything I could do my self? I have used the WD40 on the lock which doesn't seem to help (may be the programming problem)?
    Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks

Sean

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    i was having similar problems with my old eg, my keys just got too warned out and cant lock the doors or open the boot no more. But when i got a new key cut it worked again. you just need to get the key cut and i am quite sure you can take the plastic housing off and place it on the new key with the chip.

Thanks for the information
    but I can start the engine and open the boot with the key, if the key warned out how could it do all that?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    yeah the old key still starts up the car