Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 Civic 2dr 1.6

Shift Points 4 max power??

Hi,

just wondering if anyone knows what it the best shift points for maximum power on a relatively stock 1.6L non vtec 99 civic. RMP or Km/h?

any help would be appreciated. i only got pod 2 inch exhaust if that helps.

well first gear pushes to just about 60
    second gear pushes to just under 100
    so just experiment n see what you fink is best

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    erm when the needle heads for the redline, reach for the shifter

hahha depends on MANY factors, driving style, racing or commuting, what gear you are in etc..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Yeah would have to say about 200-500 rpm before cut off depending on how quick your gonna shift. But you did say its a non-vtec right? just check if the car will rev to cut-off (i know not the best thing to do) but it will let you know how the car will really perform. I almost crapped myself when i was at the runs (not that i go) and i acidently over-reved and it cut out. You dun wanna do that when you running otherwise you get crapped on by everyone.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    I red line my car all the time. Sometimes i accidently change gears to late and u can hear the engine cut in and out. Sounds kool. SHouldnt do it all the time its not good for your car if its not mod properly. In my car type R is made for redlining plus i have vavle springs that allow me to rev to 10rpm along with the internals. I say red lining it. I'm thinkin ur asking so u can drag ur car? Also if u still have ur manual it says what each gear is capable of. Have a look at that.

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    i don't wanna start another dyno discussion here, but most cars drop off power at a certain RPM

don't quote me on this, but for example, a Type R will dramtically lose power after about 8500rpm, but its cutout is closer to 9000rpm?

but after saying this, redline/limiter4life

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    lol. OAS u guys tap the limiter all the time.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    jus to be safe just b4 the redline or on the redline
    cut-off rev makes u feel sweaty

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    if going flat out, usually about 200 rpm past red line

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Like spermz said check ur manual... be sure not to shift too early tho cuz youll drop out of vtec... wait... you dont have vtec :P ... jk just teasing

You could grab a RSM or a G-tech and run 1/4 mile in the same spot over and over changing at dif spots n see wat ur best time is... asuming ur launch is perfect =]
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 Civic 2dr 1.6
    all good, im not planning to drag my car or n e thing, just wanted to know cause i just got a tacho put in and wasnt sure of the redline for a ek99 1.6 civic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    rev it till it cuts out.. that way you dont need to let go off the acelerator when you shift