Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux

Question [CL9] Replacing park lights

Hey guys, I want to replace my regular yellowish park lights with white ones as it looks a bit silly with the HID globes on my 05 Lux.

The guy at Autobarn told me that the Phillips 4000K BlueVision 12V/5W globes would fit - I assume they're OK?

The main problem is when I got to replace them there's not enough room to get my hand in to presumably twist and pull the old ones out from the back. There's some cover saying do not remove 25,000 volts, and some other rod and between those two things I can't really get to the park lights - any suggestions? Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    Quote Originally Posted by adhunt99 View Post
    Hey guys, I want to replace my regular yellowish park lights with white ones as it looks a bit silly with the HID globes on my 05 Lux.

The guy at Autobarn told me that the Phillips 4000K BlueVision 12V/5W globes would fit - I assume they're OK?

The main problem is when I got to replace them there's not enough room to get my hand in to presumably twist and pull the old ones out from the back. There's some cover saying do not remove 25,000 volts, and some other rod and between those two things I can't really get to the park lights - any suggestions? Cheers
    when you say park lights....do you mean the parkers? if your refering to the front parkers you have to go through the wheel arc to get to them....there are some plastic plugs around the wheel arc holding the plastic cover. just unplug the plastic plugs and pull the plastic cover bak and reach in to get the parker bulb out.
    once you locate the parker bulb all you do is twist it (cant remember which way) but you will beable to feel which way it goes.

hope this helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Yeah front parkers. Thanks - I'll give that a go, nothing's ever intuitive these days - wouldn't have been a problem on my old '83 Accord

Do the bulbs sound right?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    if there a small wedge shape then im pretty sure you got the right bulbs....most parker are the same size so yeah. good luck with the install

Just ask if theyre t10 bulbs.
    I just did it today the hard way then got frustrated and ripping out the splash guards were so much easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    Dont use the phillips globes, they are just as yellow,
    get some t10 wedge LED's, i've got those, looks awesome.
    also, I find it way easier to replace parkers going through the engine bay, but i;ve done it so many times now, I think i;ve just adapted to it, LoL
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by N3M3SIS View Post
    Dont use the phillips globes, they are just as yellow,
    get some t10 wedge LED's, i've got those, looks awesome.
    also, I find it way easier to replace parkers going through the engine bay, but i;ve done it so many times now, I think i;ve just adapted to it, LoL
    Thanks for the tip N3M3SIS i have just bought a pair...

here are some before and after photo.... taken with same settings 1/10 sec F3.2

Pls rep if you think its helpful :P

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I couldnt reach the parkers through the engine bay, fingers wouldnt fit! (well i didnt try for too long i guess :P). Ended up opening the spash guards too, the rears were easier! Theres a tutorial on youtube here (near the end of the clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPv4...eature=related

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
    I couldnt reach the parkers through the engine bay, fingers wouldnt fit! (well i didnt try for too long i guess :P). Ended up opening the spash guards too, the rears were easier! Theres a tutorial on youtube here (near the end of the clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPv4...eature=related
    Thanks mate awesome

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Interesting. I found that getting it through the splash gaurd was easier.

You don't have to remove it just unhook it from under the lip of the side of the bumper and reach in... Simple. I found going through the engine bay was fiddly and time consuming.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Going through the splash guard is the proper way to change the parker bulbs as per the service manual. I don't think you can get to it through the engine bay because the corner location is too tight.

I am using Philips Crystalvision 4300K parker bulbs and they are a bit whiter than the Bluevision.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2