Member Array
    Car:
    08 FD1, 10 CJ

FD1 spoiler mounting help needed!

Hey Guys,

I have a genuine FD1 rear spoiler, but dont have any of the accessories that came with it thus can't get Honda to install it. I have asked Honda but they said they cannot order the parts separately if it is an accessory, anything else on the car can though. Here is the link to whats missing (everything except the spoiler itself). http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ...ic-wing4dr.pdf

Where else can I get those accessories apart from Honda?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    u could try just going to an auto mechanic to see if they can get parts and install it for u

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    sell it and get a mugen one xD

Anyways you can always just go to a panel beater or smash repair and they can do it for you. Or as aero said a atuo mech

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    TBH the only thing you really need is the spoiler. Going down the list of parts...

Screws & caps are generic- can be replaced by any shop.
    Trunk spring- only required if you want the boot to lift up when you pull the lever. First gen of the FD Civics doesn't have this when we had the OEM spoiler fitted (mine was dealer fit in 06 at launch)
    Spoiler harness- this is the only item you might need. I think it's used when you unplug the brake light, you use this harness to extend the cable and reach the brake light in the spoiler connector. Maybe try fashioning your own? *shrugs*
    Sealers- just use double sided tape
    Template- can be downloaded off the internet or the installer should be able to figure it out when he looks where the holes on the spoiler are located (it's basically a guide saying where to drill; Mugen use same drill points as well)
    Protective tape- just double sided tape
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.