Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

Next big p plater car...r u serious?

"Yea, too many people getting s2k's now its becoming the new P plater car. I had my s2k for about 1 month on my P's hehe :P
    But yeap, alot of people without taste are getting them, s2k attracts the wrong kind of attention in aust. "

Was just reading through the forums as i do, cause i have just put a deposit on an s2k today, then i read the above comment, i sure hope its not the next p plater car, i guess i should be honest and say im a plater myself but i wouldnt consider myself 'tasteless' as was mentioned by the same person who said the above, i spent 4 heavy months deciding on what my 2nd car will be and started at commodores like i believe every, and i mean every! hoon plater wants and quite quickly moved on cause i wanted a car that has a more.....unique look in my opinion and doesn't just go in a straight line, so basically im asking you guys, is the s2k becoming a more popular car for platers? cause i was hoping to get something different, and im not some rich biatch who's parents are giving 20g to, i have worked since i was legally able to and worked hard for that matter to try and have something like this so please dont judge me persoanlly if u can =)
    cheers.

It probably is becoming more and more popular as the price comes down with the age of the cars now. But still, it's not for everyone. There's still the majority of people out there that would go for a Commodore or something similar instead of a S2000 because that's what they like. Another thing to consider is that the S2000 will never be a "mainstream" P-plater car for the simple fact that there just wasn't that many of them made, EVER. The entire production run of S2000's around the world woud be less the Holden produces each year, so no matter what it will still be a bit more 'exclusive" if it's onyl for that reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    catacaustic is right. When price goes down, P-Platers are more likely to buy it. I have seen more P-Platers with S2000's in recent times however it's still quite expensive for most and being a 2-seater, alot of people simply wouldn't consider one.

I'm sure there aren't many 19 year olds driving S2000! There would be a few, but definitely still unique! Good choice IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    are you a P plater androo?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's also because in states like VIC, the S2000 used to be on the restricted list due to the power to weight ratio. But the new P-plater restrictions only restrict turbo, V8 and high performance V6, so the S2000 is now an eligible P plater car with good performance.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    im a P plater myself but after speeding once in it i probably wont again on public roads, its like a death trap waiting to kill the more idiotic people in my age bracket. ill take it to the track if i wana go fast awesome little car tho

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's also because in states like VIC, the S2000 used to be on the restricted list due to the power to weight ratio. But the new P-plater restrictions only restrict turbo, V8 and high performance V6, so the S2000 is now an eligible P plater car with good performance.
    So Victoria had the system right and then changed to the same idiotic rules as New South Wales?

I don't agree with the volume comment. The S2000 was sold worldwide. The Commodore wasn't. From 99 to 09 I would hazard a guess that nearly as many S2000s were sold worldwide as there were Commodores.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Most S2000's are owned by younger drivers these days and with the affordability of S2000's, they are becoming more popular with P platers , and why wouldn't they? You would seriously struggle to find a similar performance car in the mid to low 20K. Especially when they are not able to get there hands on a turbocharged car. But i'm a firm believer that these should be banned from P platers. What makes this vehicle lesser perfomance than say a S13, S14, S15, R32-33-34 GTST. In standard trim the S2000 runs rings around them. The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good. The fact that they are becoming more affordable does two things, it will send insurance premiums higher with the increase of insurance claims, and the obvious, send resale prices down, as more poorly maintained, ill repaired, and young owners desperate to sell them. Which is what we are seeing happen right now.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    So Victoria had the system right and then changed to the same idiotic rules as New South Wales?
    Yup, it's changed and I believe that the other states will do or have done the same.
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good.
    I reckon this applies to all cars. Uncautious drivers are always driving weapons....on the other hand, i'd hate to see S2K's become a popular P Platers car strictly for the fact that the quality of the car will decrease to idiotic hooning and attempts as most young platers tend to do for kudos. DC2's are slowly becoming an example...

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    my friend at work who was on green p's at the time picked up a s2k

thought he would test out the cars power. Took a corner too fast, oversteered into a pole writing off the car, he was okay though.

But he was still driving it home from the dealer...

S2Krazy Array
    Confirmation its the P plate car of choice?

I have a Rating 1, have been with the same insurance company for 8yrs, turned 25 already this year and just received my comprehensive insurance letter in the mail 2 days ago.

Its gone from $1100 to $1528...... I called up and said wtf surely there's some sort of mistake, I'm 25 now. Because the car in question is a high risk car for crashes throughout Australia your premium has risen. Oh and my agreed value dropped $10K..... What a joke.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...