Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Confirmation its the P plate car of choice?

I have a Rating 1, have been with the same insurance company for 8yrs, turned 25 already this year and just received my comprehensive insurance letter in the mail 2 days ago.

Its gone from $1100 to $1528...... I called up and said wtf surely there's some sort of mistake, I'm 25 now. Because the car in question is a high risk car for crashes throughout Australia your premium has risen. Oh and my agreed value dropped $10K..... What a joke.
    what company are u insured with?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good
    agreed

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by acurabot View Post
    what company are u insured with?
    Just Car Insurance..... for the next 3wks.... Who knows after that.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    S2000 costs more to insure than my E46 M3 LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Wow thanks for the replies you all make good points, i really do hope this car doesnt become a big p plate car because i worked really hard to get this and have something unique i sold almost everything i had of value except the computer im using right now, and i deffinately see how younger drivers trying to sell them off quickly will depreciate the value even more, hopefully i love the car for a long time and dont need to sell it quickly, and btw that insurance thing for u ludcrs and the value dropping 10k is terrible and im really sorry to hear that, and i guess if i go with just cars my agreed value would be much the same only different yr.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 Clone, E46 M3
    How the heck do P-platers afford a $25k anyway?? (I'm assuming parents).
    When I had an s2k back in 04 I had to work off a hefty loan.
    Far out $25k is a heck of a lot of money.

I had a S13s on my Ps, $10g - working for $8.38 at the pancake parlour, would have been impossible to save $25k

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    I hope you dont assume every p-plater got his s2k bought for him/her by his/her parents...cause I bought mine with my own money. I saved heaps by not drinking alcohol every weekend...thats like $100-200 saved right there. Every week for 4 years.

I worked for 4 years to buy mine. Still on my P's because I lost my licence speeding on a bike, long story short, disqualified and green P's for the next year and a half still

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Confirmation its the P plate car of choice?

I have a Rating 1, have been with the same insurance company for 8yrs, turned 25 already this year and just received my comprehensive insurance letter in the mail 2 days ago.

Its gone from $1100 to $1528...... I called up and said wtf surely there's some sort of mistake, I'm 25 now. Because the car in question is a high risk car for crashes throughout Australia your premium has risen. Oh and my agreed value dropped $10K..... What a joke.
    Well atleast you werent paying 5.5k a yr only because of age not claims, and whats your agreed value? I got fkt over when mine got stolen only got 24ish after paying 35k for it -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 2 CRX; DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    Most S2000's are owned by younger drivers these days and with the affordability of S2000's, they are becoming more popular with P platers , and why wouldn't they? You would seriously struggle to find a similar performance car in the mid to low 20K. Especially when they are not able to get there hands on a turbocharged car. But i'm a firm believer that these should be banned from P platers. What makes this vehicle lesser perfomance than say a S13, S14, S15, R32-33-34 GTST. In standard trim the S2000 runs rings around them. The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good. The fact that they are becoming more affordable does two things, it will send insurance premiums higher with the increase of insurance claims, and the obvious, send resale prices down, as more poorly maintained, ill repaired, and young owners desperate to sell them. Which is what we are seeing happen right now.
    This is a really good description of the situation. Totally agree.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    wow can insure an r34 gtr for a bit less now lol

not a bad p-plater car if you have the cash to afford the running costs
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    I hope you dont assume every p-plater got his s2k bought for him/her by his/her parents...cause I bought mine with my own money. I saved heaps by not drinking alcohol every weekend...thats like $100-200 saved right there. Every week for 4 years.

I worked for 4 years to buy mine. Still on my P's because I lost my licence speeding on a bike, long story short, disqualified and green P's for the next year and a half still
    ye i payed for most of myne aswell.. mum payed 10G but im even paying that back to her so i can say i payed for it lOL

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    im a 19 year old owner and i dont see no problems