Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Engin09 View Post
    ye i payed for most of myne aswell.. mum payed 10G but im even paying that back to her so i can say i payed for it lOL
    Good on ya. That makes you value your car more since it is your own hard earned cash.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Just Car Insurance..... for the next 3wks.... Who knows after that.
    go with shannons :P nothing like that has happened to me!

However I am a P-Plater :/

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    I hope you dont assume every p-plater got his s2k bought for him/her by his/her parents...cause I bought mine with my own money. I saved heaps by not drinking alcohol every weekend...thats like $100-200 saved right there. Every week for 4 years.

I worked for 4 years to buy mine. Still on my P's because I lost my licence speeding on a bike, long story short, disqualified and green P's for the next year and a half still
    I second that i have recieved not a cent from my parents, and i also have sacrificed many weekends out with mates to afford this, it was frustrating at times but im hoping it will be worth it. i get my s2k hopefully at the end of the week so long as the guys rwc goes well =D

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Sorry guys. Yes I am a P-Plater. I get my full license in August this year. To be very, very honest though I used to be a bit of a hoon until I almost crashed my EG Civic (late 2008). Since then I've been called a grandma when I drive people around (even my aunty says so LOL). Safety first though.

I now drive an Integra VTi-R. I'm not sure why I bought it when I drive so slow (speed limit but I get there slowly lol). But I do agree - I think the power to weight ratio restriction that Victoria had was a very good idea. Much better than the current laws (e.g. turbo MX5 is still slower than an S2000). It's unfair to the very few responsible P-platers out there, but I do believe the restrictions are a good thing. Yes this is coming from a P-Plater as well.

Lot's of P-plater's think 'oh it so fair just because I'm a P-plater' but 90% of the people that speed off at the lights, cut you off and make stupid risks are P-platers.

Also, the Integra comment is pretty true - There's quite alot more hooning Integras wearing P-plates these days. I've had people make sly comments/swearing under their breath while I get into my Integra...

Anyway you're very lucky to be driving an S2000. Just be safe!
    Last edited by androo; 12-04-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added info

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    s2000 are banned from P's regardless of old rules or new rules in vic .. power to weight still applies
    the 125k kw per tone rule was abolished a yr or two ago, its only turbo charged and super charged and anything above 6cyl not including the nominated list on vic roads, i called up and asked about the mazda rx8 which is very similar power to rate as the s2k and it was perfectly fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    yer, thats wat it says on vicroads site too .. cop must have lied to me or mistaken it lol .. cos i was done for it and im on old laws so it was a fair call but afterwards cop was just chit chattin to me bout the car n stuff and i asked him "wat bout on new laws .. is it p plate legal then", and hes like "doesnt matter, its still too powerful, power to weight still applies .. ur car is faster then alot of v8s and turbos"

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    what did he pull you over for if u dont mind me asking =P

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    Confirmation its the P plate car of choice?

I have a Rating 1, have been with the same insurance company for 8yrs, turned 25 already this year and just received my comprehensive insurance letter in the mail 2 days ago.

Its gone from $1100 to $1528...... I called up and said wtf surely there's some sort of mistake, I'm 25 now. Because the car in question is a high risk car for crashes throughout Australia your premium has risen. Oh and my agreed value dropped $10K..... What a joke.
    Exactly what happened to me. I'm around $2000 with rating 1. Also took off $7000 off my agreed value. Shannon's also quoted more! hehe

Anyways Im selling my S2000 very soon. I had my fun and time to move onto 4-5 Seater for my family.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by jko2 View Post
    How the heck do P-platers afford a $25k anyway?? (I'm assuming parents).
    When I had an s2k back in 04 I had to work off a hefty loan.
    Far out $25k is a heck of a lot of money.

I had a S13s on my Ps, $10g - working for $8.38 at the pancake parlour, would have been impossible to save $25k
    A young adult these days can pick up a job with $35-$40,000 salary easy. Live at home with parents and can get a loan to buy S2k easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    what did he pull you over for if u dont mind me asking =P
    i was fillin up petrol and he pull in bhind me and fined me for driving a high powered vehicle on P's lol .. im on old rules so it was fair call .. but yer i asked bout new rules and he said still not allowed but i think he may have gotten it wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    Thanks aaronng

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    im at 19yr old p plater... as soon as i got my reds.. like a month or two after i got my car.. i hooned it often.. still do rarely thou.. but i duno why.. i just dont want to drive fast AS MUCH any more lol.. i dont even drive 65-70 in a 60 zone..lol.. i took out a loan for mine, still paying it off.. its not THAT hard..