Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP1 EXhaust.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

AP1 EXhaust.

Hey i just wanted to know if anyone has any experience type one racing exhaust/headers, i saw jdmyard is now selling them.
    I was thinking of purchasing them but couldnt find any reviews or any info on them at all.
    Hows the performance gains?
    Much drone?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    People in the states love T1R...not sure why when there are so many decent Japanese alternatives e.g Greddy, J's Racing, Amuse.

Their parent company aj-racing got caught making fakes of J's racing stuff (even down to using the same boxes! and passing them off as real)...just on that principle I wouldn't buy anything made by them.

J's racing have a stainless steel version of all their titanium exhausts now, which are a good deal cheaper and roughly the same price as T1R - proven gains on J's racing.

Greddy make a good exhaust called the spectrum elite.

HKS just released a 75mm single exhaust...apparently it gets really good gains, no drone and is ear pleasingly loud and not wanky.

p.s T1R are a taiwanese rip off of Spoon/Type One ... so don't get mixed up between the two

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Not 100% sure on this, if your seen both T1R and X-Force header, both are very similar. Possibly the exact design.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I wouldn't say t1r is a rip off of Spoon Type One, nor would anyone get confused between the 2. Name sounds similar but that's about all, there's nothing wrong with having a similar name their products aint the same either.
    JDM yard only stocks the Dual exhaust but they can get the single ones in if you want power. If you want a dual with power try the t1r EM which is pretty much one of the highest gaining dual exhaust out on the market at the moment.

http://www.s2ki.com/search/forums?qu...&forum=&topic=
    Just search t1r on s2ki and you have a bucket load of topics to read about.

People in the states love them because it's Local for them, it's cheap and it gives good gains. They have a wide variety of exhaust to choose from, quiet, loud, big power, titanium they have it all that's why it's popular.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=634543

jdm concept sells the stainless j's racing exhausts and from the price list on their website it looks like they are priced around 1.2k.

only setup worth getting is J's header & J's 60 or 70RS.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    I'd buy the stainless J's 70RS, they've got a proven track record with their titanium versions and the switch to stainless will jsut make it less prone to cracking.
    Pretty cheap for the quality too.

Quiet at idle, no drone and loud on VTEC. Lightweight too. I'm trying to find out the OFFICIAL weight but some people on the states have received theirs and reported that it is about 20lbs?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I wouldn't say the 60RS is worth getting, it makes pretty crappy power. However the J's header + any 70mm exhaust should be a good combo paired with a 70mm TP.

70RS is known to drone, the 60RS is the quiet one. 70RS is quite loud with some drone as well apparently, they fixed the cracking resonator on the FX series titanium exhaust so I'm pretty sure the SS ones were released to make it more affordable. It's hard to find the offical weight for the SS70RS for the s2000 because they haven't made it yet. I ordered the SS 70RS back in November... they still "having trouble" making it lol.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

J's 70RS weights 4.4kg 60RS weights 4.2kg

http://j-sracingusa.com/S2000/s2000_exhaust.html
    Last edited by STAiN MASTER; 14-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I think his talking about the Stainless ones bro.
    But yea the Ti ones are soo fkn light, I held my mates Amuse exhaust.. EASILY 1 finger for something that long it's just not right at all
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    the t1r sparrow was deemed to have the best gains for dual exhausts, dyno's provided on s2ki

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    what are your thoughts on the apexi n1 single exhaust.. ? i had this on my car when i purchased it.. but took it off straight away cause i didn't want to bear with the exhaust noise..