Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

dc5r or dc2r-what would you prefer?

hey guys,

was just thinking what has better handling/speed/acceleration.

What would you guys rather and why?
    Last edited by Wez_R; 24-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    dc5R/S

newer model
    less problems
    looks better

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    DC2R has better handling, acceleration and speed are pretty much the same level but the DC2R will feel alot more raw.

DC5R is newer with a nicer/more comfortable interior, and the looks between the two are subject to personal opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I'm a huge DC2R fan. I definitely think the DC2R looks better. Given the money though, I'd probably go with the DC5R/S now (only for the fact that the DC2R is getting old and with age comes problems). If I had alot of money? DC2R and make it smickkk =] DC5 should be easier to live with though!

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    DC5R..but then again, im biased :P

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    I have a DC2R. Have driven both (my bro's DC5R). Really comes down to personal taste in the end. Both are quick cars. I like the DC2R, better handling, I love the rawness to it, noises, feeling to it, like the simplicity to it. Perfer the look of the DC2R inside and out. Hate the DC5R interior dash etc. Both great cars, but defiantly DC2R for me.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Type R
    We all know the real mc'coy is the dc2 in the type r world. Its the real type r.
    Although I always liked the DC5 type r and hense the reason i own one of these.
    Its a great car and love it.
    you will just have to have a think about which one you really like i guess!

Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec powered
    Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    We all know the real mc'coy is the dc2 in the type r world. Its the real type r.
    Although I always liked the DC5 type r and hense the reason i own one of these.
    Its a great car and love it.
    you will just have to have a think about which one you really like i guess!

Deano.

hehehe the real Type R is the FD2 Type R =D pwns all..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Type R
    Yea, but we dont even have them here so....

I would prefer a dc2 anyway. A real sports car with 2 doors and still considered still possibly the best FWD car in the world!

The dc2 started the whole type r theme in the world when the fd2 was still a sperm in honda! Nice car, but.. i dont know....yawn.....

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    to add to your thread, i've got a query that nobody ever seems to talk about. i drove a dc5r a year or so ago, and only for about 20 mins, but it seemed to me like the steering was much more responsive as compared to a dc2r. i'm no saying the car would corner better, just that it felt like i only moved the steering a little to turn a lot, as oposed to a dc2r..anyone care to comment??

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    oh and to answer the question, all logic points to the dc5r. spend a little money on it and it beats a dc2r in every respect...however there is something about the dc2r. get in one, and you either feel it or you don't. to me it basically comes down to logic vs emotion.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    I drove my friend's DC5 many years ago, interior is nicer, body styling is better, newer.. It was DC5 > DC2

Until I got myself a DC2R recently.. didnt really like it at first, noisy, etc, I dont know why I got it, but over time it grows in me.. like Deano said, the rawness, the noise, etc

So for me now I'd get DC2R over DC5R any day.. real type R!