Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    So that means the 197 is probably the safest bet.
    One thing I didn't like about the 147 gta was the shifting felt too soft, .It didn't feel direct what so ever. Ep3r on the other hand felt firm and very direct when shfting. Renault Clio the same go as the 147 or ep3?
    My 200 has a great shift. Not quite as tight as the DC5, but good enough.

A good 197 can be had for $14-18k these days. Just make sure servicing is up to date. Best buying from OZRS members and the like. Because they're such low volume every car has a history that someone knows of. Keeps the bad cars out of circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    My 200 has a great shift. Not quite as tight as the DC5, but good enough.

A good 197 can be had for $14-18k these days. Just make sure servicing is up to date. Best buying from OZRS members and the like. Because they're such low volume every car has a history that someone knows of. Keeps the bad cars out of circulation.
    Thanks for the info.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    didnt your clutch cylinder kark it?

you keep saying such low kms but I reckon its fake lol

or it was thrash before
    DLO01 belonged to Dean who mods these forums and the car is well known enough on these forums and ClubITR not to be dodgy. His build: http://www.tunerzine.com/view-articl...-typer#gallery
    Turbocharged until he took the kit off it. Purchased by me at 29,000kms. Now, there may be some truth to what you say, until you jump in and feel how tight the car is. Neither Dean or I used it as daily driver and the turbo kit was on for about 5000kms according to him.

Dean had a Competition brand Stage 4 clutch installed for the turbo set up and didn't return it to stock. Between the fact that the car has spent a lot of its life as a garage queen and the fact that the seal on the clutch cylinder had died does not mean overuse. In fact seals go bad from lack of use and a bit of dampness getting into the fluid can be detrimental - this I know after owning numerous cars over 27 years of holding a licence and more owning a car. If you'd met Dean, you'd realise that "thrash" is a kiddy term. Quartered - yep in turbo form (can't remember what he quoted me he'd done). Driven as designed - yep, by both of us. Thrashed, I doubt it.

Anyway, PM DLO01 if you think it's fake.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by flop101 View Post
    in your experience, are is the clio or megane more difficult (in regards to maintenance, repair costs and fuel) than the 147 gta?
    147 GTA way more difficult... I'll leave it at that XD
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Dc5 better....coz of year made

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    in the same way jazz is better then nsx

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    in the same way jazz is better then nsx
    I see what you did there. Guess i'll stop pining for a mint BMW 2002. Might as well go get that E36 318i now.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    I see what you did there. Guess i'll stop pining for a mint BMW 2002. Might as well go get that E36 318i now.
    Didn't know you still popped in on the forums Sam lol

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Actually, there was a nice 2002 up for sale a couple of weeks ago. Full resto job. Do want but can't afford

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    Actually, there was a nice 2002 up for sale a couple of weeks ago. Full resto job. Do want but can't afford
    Is that the purple one with spot lights? $18k seemed like a lot for a car that was so polarising as far as taste was concerned. I'd love an Alpina White one wiith BBS rims, Recaros, decked with ITBs.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Dark green with Alpina pin-striping for 12K. Period correct wheels as well. Gumtree ad is gone now or I'd link the pic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    Dark green with Alpina pin-striping for 12K. Period correct wheels as well. Gumtree ad is gone now or I'd link the pic.
    That sounds OK. Would be shopping for one right now if not for the new kart I just picked up.