Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    DC2R for me..

ive had one for nearly 5 years - i have come close to selling it twice and fortunately i didnt..
    i get sick of it sometimes because its impractical - annoying at times and uncomfortable..
    but then i drive it again and im back in love lol..

my cousin had a DC5R for 2 years - we would often swap cars for weeks at a time..
    id always find myself wanting my car back.. and he would always want to keep my car for longer lol
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Also, how much are you going to spend on it..... even though i owna dc5, owning a dc2 really opens to doors to ALOT of modifications!

personally, i prefer the DC5, newer car. Also i really pay attentino to a decent interior layout, i mean, its what you look, and use when you are driving, the dc5 beats it hands down.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by visconti View Post
    I drove my friend's DC5 many years ago, interior is nicer, body styling is better, newer.. It was DC5 > DC2

Until I got myself a DC2R recently.. didnt really like it at first, noisy, etc, I dont know why I got it, but over time it grows in me.. like Deano said, the rawness, the noise, etc

So for me now I'd get DC2R over DC5R any day.. real type R!
    The real type r's are the JDM ones. brembo's also!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    I own a DC5 and only driven a friends DC2 for a short time but I definitely like the SR4 recaros better. In saying that, in terms of handling, acceleration and power, DC2 is probably better because its lighter, designed to live on the track and as modifications go, you have alot more options not to mention cheaper ones too lol. When you drive a DC2, you actually feel like your driving one...when driving a DC5, sometimes you forget until you drive pass windows.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    dc5r = modern comfort sports car, has up to date styling, more practical overall with more space.
    dc2r = oldschool sports car, more noise especially since no sound deadening, smaller cabin space.
    performance wise both very similar.
    really depends on personal taste.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    Im getting a DC2 over DC5 love the old JDM look its just me

I am selling my Evo8 JDM styled over a DC2 going NA

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    The real type r's are the JDM ones. brembo's also!
    Engine yes, slightly less output compared with JDM.. but for brakes I thought jdm DC2R dont have brembo also?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    As everyone has stated, it's all really up to personal tastes
    In my opinion, the DC2R is more of a driver's car - more rawness, lighter, more nimble; the driver is able to experience the thrill
    Opposed to DC5R - I feel it's been tamed down a tad, heavier, more of a passengers car
    Don't get me wrong, both are fantastic but I'd go with the dc2r - they're cheaper as well so more mods :P
    DC5R are however, are newer (still quite old) and have the k20a..
    All up 2 u

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Come on guys. The "real Type R" is the NSX-R. Everything else is a compromise on an everyday form of transport.

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    Yea, but we dont even have them here so....

I would prefer a dc2 anyway. A real sports car with 2 doors and still considered still possibly the best FWD car in the world!

The dc2 started the whole type r theme in the world when the fd2 was still a sperm in honda! Nice car, but.. i dont know....yawn.....

actually the first type r was a motorbike... The CBR was a sports bike made by honda, but when they decided to put race piston in and modify the engine they renamed it the CBRR. RR standing for race replica.

This is straight from wikipedia:

"The Honda CBR models are a series of sport oriented motorcycles, several of which (400RR, 600RR, 900RR, 929RR, 954RR and 1000RR) are marketed as Race Replica, hence the suffix "RR" after the engine size designation. With the exception of the single cylinder CBR125 and CBR150, all CBR motorbikes have inline engines (as compared to the V engines in the VT, VTR and VF/VFR series). Less sporting models with inline engines make up the CB Series."

"A race replica motorcycle is a publicly available retail vehicle that resembles a competition race bike either in performance or appearance.

The classification is imprecise and varies from bikes derived directly from a racing prototype (such as the Ducati Desmosedici) to production bikes that are considered heavily influenced by a manufacturer's racing experience (such as the Aprilia RS125 or Kawasaki ZX-7R). It does not extend to retail bikes competing in race series that require an existing production bike be used (such as the Honda CBR1000RR).

The term is often applied by manufacturers to market motorcycles and scooters that resemble a racing prototype (such as a similar paint scheme) but are not actually derived from racing vehicles. Some of the performance race replicas are offered with sponsor decals so that it may completely resemble a professional race bike.

Some enthusiasts may incorrectly consider true race prototypes that have subsequently been privately sold as replicas (such as the Yamaha YZR500)."

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Come on guys. The "real Type R" is the NSX-R. Everything else is a compromise on an everyday form of transport.
    The reason the first type r was made, was to take an 'órdinary' car and make it into a race car. The nsx r actually started off as just an nsx but then later became a type r to comete with its big brothers. The 'type r' has always been about increasing the performance of a stock car/bike
    Last edited by vtecing; 13-04-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    dc2r, dc5r are pigs and fat and heavy and just boo. why is this a question?
    this shouldn't be a comparrison, dc2r is much better.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    DC2R the original with cult status!
    DC5R for daily duties and DC2R for weekends
    Previous Ride: Modified NHB 04 CL9 (Maximworks headers, Injen intake, highflow cat, Fujitsubo Legalis-R, Greddy E-manage Ultimate, Buddyclub N+ coilovers)
    Current Ride: Almost stock CW 02 EP3R