Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drag crx

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    the car isnt running long enuf to get hot or over heat.....
    and its not the first car to have done this setup...
    alse he could have the thermo fan always ruinning to keep it cool since there is no air-flow

Member Array
    Car:
    93 crx turbo
    its a honda man it dosn't get hot! lol. i have the running for long periods at a time testing 2 step (creates alota engine temp), dyno, i drive it to the staging lanes let it warm up do a burnout run, drive it down the return road and back the pits hottest it ever got was 92degrees C.
    I done the front bar this way to improve on aero for drag racing tell me which drag car has a full open front G, plus i plan on running 170 mph plus in this thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    mstchf is the front fibreglass? and what is the engine package contents? really interested

keen on setup to
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    this doesnt make any sense.

the entire front bar is filled so their is no air flow to the vitals and by vitals i mean things like radiator
    shiaat! are they solid mounts?
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Good to see it finally together and you enjoying your hard spent Lukey, looking forward to seeing it get quicker as you sort it out...........

When we chat next ill let you know about something that might interest you for it. ; )

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    another thing is the fuel (methanol likely) MSTCHF is running has cooling properties in the compensation progress
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    93 crx turbo
    yes gaurds and bar are fibreglass, setup consists of a GE b18c block manly rods custom JE piston O-ringed block balanced and race clearanced n blah blah, stock head gasket original MSTCHF b16a head new port job manly springs & retainers secret spec, manly valves custom vtec killer cams with rockers, 8 ID1000cc injectors, hypertune manifold, afi exhaust manifold, gt42 turbo, garret water to air intercooler, 3 38mm tial wastegates, tial bov, Haltech platnium sport ecu, shit load of sensors, racepak datalog with IQ3 display GE cam sprockets with T1 cam trigger.
    PPG/Liberty gearbox, tilton carbon clutch, MW full driveline with spool MSTCHF custom traction bars, solid mounts, solid bushes, g-force shifter. thats basic run down of the car alot has gone into this car too much to mention amount of hours i have put into and still doing so are endless.

pat88c- Car runs on c16, i tried hard to keep it alot like the category in the states Outlaw Street FWD, so that consists of 72mm turbo 26" tires, full car (my car is still full car apart from glass and bootlid, in doing this i am still same weight as the guys in the us hence why no one does the del sol for being so heavy 2480lbs with driver) car currently makes 755hp @ the tires with more to come.
    those pics above are old pics still wasn't complete heres a new pic cars always changing new front bar also. car will be out 21st of jan.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTCHF View Post
    g tell me which drag car has a full open front G,
    i was just asking thats all.
    Thanks for explanation.

P.s has ur brother see this in action (on the strip)

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch

wastegates

was the manifold made for 2 wastegates then added one because of boost control issues?

3 seems an unusual amount, is it safe to assume its not a twin scroll setup then?

i wish there was a large amount of people doing hondas in australia like this. i think its awesome! good luck with your times and numbers!

what time/speed is your cage rated to?

Member Array
    Car:
    93 crx turbo
    Its still a twin scroll setup the 3rd one as you can see in the pic is on the charge pipe i use this to determine boost over time without affecting turbine speed all run through the haltech.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    saw your name luke on the list for test and tune for WISD on 22nd this saturday
    Atm i think i may head down for few hours and chile out and watch some drags cars
    if i do go will drop in to say Gday

What the plan for Saturday times wise and tune?

Pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep