Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    breezen
    Premium Unleaded is the way to go. i seem to get more kms out it and less using unleaded. bit more smoother too. its 10c more expensive but worth it. its suppose to burn quicker and better for the engine cleans it out

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    I've had the car for two yrs now and have used between 91 and 95. 95 is far smoother and picks up revs smoother than using 91. I tend to use both at different intervals and have gained more km's out of 95. Have always been using shell petrol since its my closest petrol station.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    yea i feel 91 is too sticky as well
    it feels good even when i rev only to 2k rpm
    you can feel the different

i use BP ultimate by the way

and have used other 98 as well but i find BP ultimate is the best
    just my opinion

i reckon its all psychological
    to be honest i just use E10, can't tell the diff plus mileage doesn't seem to be much diff for me anyways, so why pay more?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    to be honest i just use E10, can't tell the diff plus mileage doesn't seem to be much diff for me anyways, so why pay more?
    u just use E10, so how can you tell the differences?

it does help when you rev, trust us

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    E10 is crap not because it is cheap, it is cus it has ethanol which doesn't really do much good for the engine for long term use. Although ethanol fuel will add a more octane to your fuel it = less power (read second paragraph http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating) and correct me if im wrong it also burns at a higher temperature then your premium fuels, which might cause damage to your engine. (look at burn values for ethanol vs gasoline on first table http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heating_value)
    Last edited by kawai; 16-04-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by thj822 View Post
    Premium Unleaded is the way to go. i seem to get more kms out it and less using unleaded. bit more smoother too. its 10c more expensive but worth it. its suppose to burn quicker and better for the engine cleans it out
    higher ron fuel burns slower.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    crutis when do you notice the dwl lag? i haven't notice much and when does it occur? been having a look around the 8th civic forum cus i didn't know what it is. But generally they said you only feel it when your cars on high revs. Sorry for asking so much cus i don't know much , btw do u feel it shifting down or up gear ?

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    in my auto car mate, when i parallel park via reversing into the parking spot, the car shakes when i apply pressure to the brakes like a manual car not gettin enough gas when launching. and thats with E10 petrol
    Similarily, with aircon on with E10 fuel, car shudders a bit more when im standing still at the traffic lights.
    When im thrasin this car from 0km going up to 60km, when the sloshbox clicks into another of its gears, i let smoke out lols, a nice big fluff. and i thought it was a problem, so i made a thread on OH called 'smokey when vtec' in the 2000 and below section.

now i use BP ultimate
    never had any of these weird problems with the car since.

theres a difference mate, maybe not in mileage (in my case) but it is a much more better ride and now i have a peace of mind whenever i let lose the wild cam :P

well i've tried everything over the 3 years i've owned my FD and i can honestly say mileage aint a problem

as for performance, i seriously can't tell the difference, this is probably due to driving style because i don't rev much as i don't track / hoon / let loose at the lights as many of the younguns here

nothing wrong with E10, my car hasn't had any problems, the car is designed to be able to take E10 so why not

as someone said, perhaps it helps with you rev so i'll "trust" you guys then...but its just a civic FD, a family car with no real power at all, see no point in being fully sik bro ;-)

ill continue to use E10

I've been using 91 unleaded and after reading all your posts I thought I'd give BP ultimate a try. I'm about half way through my first tank of ultimate and my 06 civic is definitely running smoother. A good example is when I go back on the throttle after coming down a small hill at 60. There used to be a far bit of shudder from the engine as i reapplied the accelerator, now it's a lot smoother. I don't think I'll switch back to 91. Ultimate all the way.

I been using 95 Premium for a week already, and it's more smoother :-).
    BTW would i damage my car say if i use different brands of fuel for example 1 week i fill up at Coles another week at BP ?

Derrick