Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 EK1

b18c7 and k20z

been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that prices for;
    -b18c7 100k kms = $5-6k
    -k20z (type s) 80k kms = 10k
    are these prices correct (not including installation)
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    Yeah sounds about right, but from my understanding it will be ALOT more to install a k-motor then a B-series motor. But if you got the doosh, i think i speak for everyone when i say...K-series it up!

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i have a jdm k20a for 7k

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    mm honda stuff is very expensive, try and squeeze in another engine some how, like sr20 or something, do something bizzare and different lol
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentd View Post
    mm honda stuff is very expensive, try and squeeze in another engine some how, like sr20 or something, do something bizzare and different lol
    What. The. F ck.

sr20?
    Where do you live so I can smack you out. Literally.
    sr20 is the sh ttest motor.
    Dont try defend the SR. 2.0L DOHC injected. Munches fuel. And produces the same power as a SOHC vtec d16y engine.
    Chain driven engine with 3 different tensioner roller designs. For the same engine. And they all still rattle over time.
    Square motor meaning the bore and stroke is the same. Which means, not alot of engineering went into it.
    Longer stroke = better down low torque.
    Shorter stroke = higher revving.
    Square = In the middle.

Ill stop there. I cbf bagging out the SR.

As to OP.

Go B series if you have a budget. Its cheaper on parts. And alot of aftermarket support. With less hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    What. The. F ck.

sr20?
    Dont try defend the SR. 2.0L DOHC injected. Munches fuel. And produces the same power as a SOHC vtec d16y engine.
    Chain driven engine with 3 different tensioner roller designs. For the same engine. And they all still rattle over time.
    Square motor meaning the bore and stroke is the same. Which means, not alot of engineering went into it.
    Square = In the middle.

As to OP.

Go B series if you have a budget. Its cheaper on parts. And alot of aftermarket support. With less hassles.

sr20ve - good bang for buck - can get a motor for around 1500 with 187hp stock. It's no honda but its something different.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    What. The. F ck.

sr20?
    Square = In the middle.

As to OP.

Yet the SR has been popular enough to reach such a cult status with 10 years of use by Nissan.

Mod for mod, the turbo SR makes MORE power than a turbo K20 for a LOT less money. With a GT2871r, exhaust, ECU, cams and injectors easily sees 230-240kw at the wheels with a bunch of cheap off the shelf bolt-ons. All the crap that you have to go through to obtain this type of figure with a K or B series engine is just not worth it.

How do I know this? I've been from a 180sx to a DC2R to an S15, which I then sold for my DC5R. As good as the K series is, frankly you're an idiot if you think the SR20 inferior.

Produces the same power as a D-series? I think not. Let me know once you get a D16 to 230kw atw and then we can talk.

Munches fuel? Once again I think not. My S15 made 500klms to it's 45L tank just like my DC5R.

I'm not saying the OP should go put an SR in his honda, and I'm not saying the K or B series are bad engines, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be so closed minded and go around spouting crap about an engine that you clearly have no experience with. You can whinge about the design of an engine as much as you want, but at the end of the day, whatever works, works.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSX View Post
    Yet the SR has been popular enough to reach such a cult status with 10 years of use by Nissan.

Mod for mod, the turbo SR makes MORE power than a turbo K20 for a LOT less money. With a GT2871r, exhaust, ECU, cams and injectors easily sees 230-240kw at the wheels with a bunch of cheap off the shelf bolt-ons. All the crap that you have to go through to obtain this type of figure with a K or B series engine is just not worth it.

How do I know this? I've been from a 180sx to a DC2R to an S15, which I then sold for my DC5R. As good as the K series is, frankly you're an idiot if you think the SR20 inferior.

Produces the same power as a D-series? I think not. Let me know once you get a D16 to 230kw atw and then we can talk.

Munches fuel? Once again I think not. My S15 made 500klms to it's 45L tank just like my DC5R.

I'm not saying the OP should go put an SR in his honda, and I'm not saying the K or B series are bad engines, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be so closed minded and go around spouting crap about an engine that you clearly have no experience with. You can whinge about the design of an engine as much as you want, but at the end of the day, whatever works, works.
    THANKYOU! someone who understands.
    good post.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    ur s15 had a 45L tank? thought they were 60 or 65L.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    there defantly not 45L tanks. according to redbook.com.au they are 65L.
    correct there mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 EK1
    well thankyou very much for all the interesting and helpful replies.
    what are k20a and k20z worth becoz between here and google searches im getting 2-3g up to 13g for k-series swaps??? can anyone explain.
    i ask this coz i am may be able to get my hands on a type-s integra and wanna know how much is worth spending, lets not forget i could part out interior and some panels
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by trentd View Post

and there not a bad engine mate, huge amounts of power can be made from them. a lot more then what a sohc vtec engine.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2104408

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs

400WHP STOCK INTERNALS (besides ARP headstuds) boosted D16
    Last edited by NSPYRE; 15-04-2010 at 03:58 AM.