Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: b18c7 and k20z

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    What. The. F ck.

sr20?
    Where do you live so I can smack you out. Literally.
    sr20 is the sh ttest motor.
    Dont try defend the SR. 2.0L DOHC injected. Munches fuel. And produces the same power as a SOHC vtec d16y engine.
    Chain driven engine with 3 different tensioner roller designs. For the same engine. And they all still rattle over time.
    Square motor meaning the bore and stroke is the same. Which means, not alot of engineering went into it.
    Longer stroke = better down low torque.
    Shorter stroke = higher revving.
    Square = In the middle.

Ill stop there. I cbf bagging out the SR.

As to OP.

Go B series if you have a budget. Its cheaper on parts. And alot of aftermarket support. With less hassles.
    Yet the SR has been popular enough to reach such a cult status with 10 years of use by Nissan.

Mod for mod, the turbo SR makes MORE power than a turbo K20 for a LOT less money. With a GT2871r, exhaust, ECU, cams and injectors easily sees 230-240kw at the wheels with a bunch of cheap off the shelf bolt-ons. All the crap that you have to go through to obtain this type of figure with a K or B series engine is just not worth it.

How do I know this? I've been from a 180sx to a DC2R to an S15, which I then sold for my DC5R. As good as the K series is, frankly you're an idiot if you think the SR20 inferior.

Produces the same power as a D-series? I think not. Let me know once you get a D16 to 230kw atw and then we can talk.

Munches fuel? Once again I think not. My S15 made 500klms to it's 45L tank just like my DC5R.

I'm not saying the OP should go put an SR in his honda, and I'm not saying the K or B series are bad engines, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be so closed minded and go around spouting crap about an engine that you clearly have no experience with. You can whinge about the design of an engine as much as you want, but at the end of the day, whatever works, works.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSX View Post
    Yet the SR has been popular enough to reach such a cult status with 10 years of use by Nissan.

Mod for mod, the turbo SR makes MORE power than a turbo K20 for a LOT less money. With a GT2871r, exhaust, ECU, cams and injectors easily sees 230-240kw at the wheels with a bunch of cheap off the shelf bolt-ons. All the crap that you have to go through to obtain this type of figure with a K or B series engine is just not worth it.

How do I know this? I've been from a 180sx to a DC2R to an S15, which I then sold for my DC5R. As good as the K series is, frankly you're an idiot if you think the SR20 inferior.

Produces the same power as a D-series? I think not. Let me know once you get a D16 to 230kw atw and then we can talk.

Munches fuel? Once again I think not. My S15 made 500klms to it's 45L tank just like my DC5R.

I'm not saying the OP should go put an SR in his honda, and I'm not saying the K or B series are bad engines, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be so closed minded and go around spouting crap about an engine that you clearly have no experience with. You can whinge about the design of an engine as much as you want, but at the end of the day, whatever works, works.
    THANKYOU! someone who understands.
    good post.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

people are now bolting turbo's to the sr20ve - i think this is going to yield alot of power.... by the way for those who don't know a sr20ve is nissan's sr20 with vvl (like vtec just called something different)

and if anyone wants to compare a nissan engine to a honda one they did this a few years back... ek type R vs pulsar vzr. Both 1.6 ltr 2 door hatch backs

I thought the K20 was a square engine as well - actually the same specs as a sr? 86 x 86
    Last edited by immigymp; 14-04-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    I've previously owned a DC2R and now i own a 180 with a SR20

So i know what its like from a B18C7 to a SR20DET

let me tell you.. SR20's are crap... slow.. fuel munching.. unreliable, to be honest.. if i had a chance to switch back to a DC2R.. i would in a heart beat

oh and Have both been at WSID

DC2R - 1050KG - B18C7 - 108kw atw - 13.9 with a 2.0 60' time
    180SX - 1150KG - SR20DET - 170kw atw - 13.9 with a 2.0 60' time

only managed 13.9 on the 180 but an extra 60kw.. you would imagine a better time.. but no..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    look b series engines are extremely reliable and have no trouble with increasing power.
    sr20's can b problems and can be excellent, just depends on the one you have.
    k20.... depends how much you have to spend

Quote Originally Posted by RR-04-RR View Post
    I've previously owned a DC2R and now i own a 180 with a SR20

So i know what its like from a B18C7 to a SR20DET

let me tell you.. SR20's are crap... slow.. fuel munching.. unreliable, to be honest.. if i had a chance to switch back to a DC2R.. i would in a heart beat

oh and Have both been at WSID

DC2R - 1050KG - B18C7 - 108kw atw - 13.9 with a 2.0 60' time
    180SX - 1150KG - SR20DET - 170kw atw - 13.9 with a 2.0 60' time

only managed 13.9 on the 180 but an extra 60kw.. you would imagine a better time.. but no..
    i was just beating a friend in a gutted dc2 R with 132fwkw in a all motor sr20 n14.... you should compare apples with apples...

at the end of the day depends on what money you have to spend. honda engines are expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    power to weight!

i am in the process of doing an engine swap, at the end it should have around 130 - 140 kw atw. not bad for a $1500 engine with cams i think

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    its better then not bad. its great. what kind of engine?

its a sr20ve - they come out in xtrails in japan. its almost the exact same block as the sr20de

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    yeh mint, i like it

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSX View Post
    ur s15 had a 45L tank? thought they were 60 or 65L.....