Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5

Dc5 type r lowereing. Please help......

Hi guys need to change my spring in my car currently have king springs that how i bought the car.

Awful ride need to change. Coilovers too expensive so im after springs.

What spring lowers the car the most and gives a good ride?

Please post any information or pics of what you got so i can get some sort of idea what to buy cheers.
    Last edited by aimen; 12-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    if u want lower but still livable get coilovers springs will not do it.
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Springs from the previous post in your previous thread

Or look at Skunk2 springs...

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Type R suspension is stiff stock mate. It bounces and hopes alot on un even roads. Whole point of a "type R" is for a street-track based car. Not many aftermarket springs will give you a LOWER height and a more COMFORTABLE ride. If stock is already bumpy.

Just remember. ALOT of engineering goes into the production of such components like springs. Mass production companies, like say King springs, Tein, Pedders etc. Will use the stock spring design as a base. And modify it. Lower the centre of gravity, increase spring rate etc. Technically speaking. A lower spring height will need a stiffer profile to compensate for the decreased travel. Poorly designed springs (ebay brands) dont take things like that into consideration. They just put pieces of metal together, test it and put it on the market. With improper design, too soft of a spring with excessive decrease in height may cause coil bind. Thats when all the metal bits of the spring touch. That in turn, will cause sagging. Over time youll have a dumped ride, but with a lot of knocking.

Alot of info that is irrelevant to your original post. But just something to think about when choosing components that effect your handling.
    To increase comfort, Id recommend getting a set of damper adjustable shocks.
    This way you can control how the shocks take the bumps on the road, while maintaining the spring profiles.
    And if you have bigger rims than OEM. Id say change back to stock. Itll make the biggest difference.
    Other than that, Only other option is to change the springs it self. Sacrifices an inch or 2 in height, raise it abit more and give the suspension better travel.

Other than that.. Stock = comfort. Dumped (or lowered) = style/looks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Type R
    The Type R suspension IS rock hard i must admit.
    I had a S14 and put Tein Adjustable coilovers on it and only when it was on its hardest settings was it anywhere near as hard as the type r's suspension!
    Just ask a big joint like pedders or something for what they think would be right for you.
    All the best.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    Thanks sounds good. But i have king springs on my car there awful and i havent haerd too much positive things about king springs.

So skunk2 springs will definatley give me a better ride than king springs yer?

And how does Skunk2 springs compare to lets say eibach and tein springs?

Thanks

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have had SKUNK2 springs put in my previous car (DC5S) and the ride was good for the first few weeks but than shocks were starting to bitch out haha..

Ive recently bought a DC5R and the previous owner had already fitted the SKUNK2 lowering springs and the ride is fine.. So im not sure if it has the standard shocks or stiffer aftermarket ones.........

But either way, they give the DC5 a nice ride height and with aftermarket shocks you'll be set
    Blue DC5R

├┼┼┐ DC5R
    246R

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    If your not planning on changing your shocks to an aftermarket one then expect the life of your shocks to shorten..

anyway if you cant afford coils but want a good drop + ride comfort go with eibach sportline springs..

they are a tad expensive (around 600ish rrp) but give a 35-50mm drop from stock plus the car is well balanced unlike kings..

if you want springs that wont blow your shocks go with ebiach progressive springs (about the same price)
    this wont lower your car as much but they are designed to partner with your stock shocks..

but imo find stock dc5r springs.. then save for entry level coils or a good spring shock combo (i.e. eibach + koni or bilsten)
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    I have Tein springs in my DC5R it has lowered the car a considerable amount, just barely pass the pits with my bodykit. The ride quality is good and not hard but it may be due the awesome recaros, although haven't tried them with factory springs as this is how I bought the car. Just be noted though the type R is designed and engineered a certain way to maximize performance and handling. I have been told that you realistically dont want to lower the car more than 20-30mm from its stock ride height and that the factory springs are designed for the track hence the rough ride on the streets. But imo nothing can beat adjustable coilovers as you can play with ride height as necessary. But if your after a cheap solution get some quality springs that don't lower the car much.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have Tein's as well and unless the roads are smooth, you're gonna have horrible ride comfort. ESPECIALLY if you lower it too much and don't have other mods in place to compensate for the change in steering geometry (e.g. inverted tie rods etc..).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Couldn't agree more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    Type R suspension is stiff stock mate. It bounces and hopes alot on un even roads. Whole point of a "type R" is for a street-track based car. Not many aftermarket springs will give you a LOWER height and a more COMFORTABLE ride. If stock is already bumpy.

Just remember. ALOT of engineering goes into the production of such components like springs. Mass production companies, like say King springs, Tein, Pedders etc. Will use the stock spring design as a base. And modify it. Lower the centre of gravity, increase spring rate etc. Technically speaking. A lower spring height will need a stiffer profile to compensate for the decreased travel. Poorly designed springs (ebay brands) dont take things like that into consideration. They just put pieces of metal together, test it and put it on the market. With improper design, too soft of a spring with excessive decrease in height may cause coil bind. Thats when all the metal bits of the spring touch. That in turn, will cause sagging. Over time youll have a dumped ride, but with a lot of knocking.

Alot of info that is irrelevant to your original post. But just something to think about when choosing components that effect your handling.
    To increase comfort, Id recommend getting a set of damper adjustable shocks.
    This way you can control how the shocks take the bumps on the road, while maintaining the spring profiles.
    And if you have bigger rims than OEM. Id say change back to stock. Itll make the biggest difference.
    Other than that, Only other option is to change the springs it self. Sacrifices an inch or 2 in height, raise it abit more and give the suspension better travel.

Other than that.. Stock = comfort. Dumped (or lowered) = style/looks.
    Project R