Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9

Broken engine mounts

Looks like i have a problem... Broken engine mount/s!

Just wondering how much would it cost to get new one/s and get it installed at the shop.

They broke from my coilovers being too stiff and my mum driving over speed bumps too quick.

Just need to replace the front passenger side one by the looks of it.

Should i get aftermarket ones? they seem quite expensive.

Cheers John
    Post Quality > Post Quantity
    Loving HID and LED installs! Feels free to ask me any questions
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Ever tried googling "Honda dealers" and giving the "Parts" department a call and get a "Quote" on how much an engine mount is for your car?

And "The shop" is a pretty broad term.

Seriously mate. Ozhonda is not a dealer where there is access to hondas library of parts and labour hours. Prices range dealer to dealer, genuine or aftermarket. Labour is different from shop to shop. There is no way anyone in here can give you a price that applies to all mounts and labour prices.

I dont mean to be a smartass. But re-read your original post. Getting a quote on prices on a forum. Trust me mate, youre better off calling a random shop.

But if a quote was to be given. Id say it will be less than 500. For one mount. A little bit more for all mounts.
    Aftermarket billet mounts with stiffer inserts do cost abit more. But brands like hasport, bought from an authorised hasport dealer, give you lifetime warranty. It takes a lot to bust performance mounts. Though you will sacrifice comfort, for peace of mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    I was just wondering if anyone knows about how much i'd be looking at for the repair (since someone here might have got theirs done before). And when i said the shop i meant mechanic. sorry.
    Just wanted to get a rough idea on how much it would cost. Since this could have happened to someone else before.

Hope it wont come to 500. thats so exy. i saw the hasport ones for 500 but thats way too much for me. OEM ones for other honda vehicles are about 100... jazz shouldnt be too much different should it?
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    Pull out your engine, Take out all 4 mounts, get all that crappy rubber shit out and fill it up with Polyurethane, easy fix. You can track your car with ease, but it will be stiffer and you have a lot of vibrations. Well that's what I did

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-Z Luxury
    My passenger side one went about 4 months ago and the part was $115 from Honda, labour was $100, done by a Honda dealership in Brisbane. I didn’t feel any difference (when it was broken), but i could see the fluid had just started to leak out of it. FYI my car is a 2003 With 84,000 kms.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3
    yeh same problem with my jazz.. im getting the front engine mount soon... honda dealer over here cost me $130 for the part n labour roughly $110

why are parts so damn cheap in brisbane n sydney...
    HONDA GD3

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    i researched online on how to change engine mounts and people have said its fairly easy to change engine mounts. Worth saving $100 for labour and getting it done yourself?

Oh and have you guys done anything to your jazz that would have caused more stress on the mounts? Or did they just give way on their own?

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    they usually just get wear and tear, most people don't bother to replace them because they don't know that they're mounts are split and falling apart. But it can be from having a stiff suspension which causes stress on the mounts and the entire bushing setup. Also oil leaks, not saying a new jazz will have one but be aware for older cars. If you have an oil leak, it can spread to your suspension bushes which will make them soft. So be aware, don't let a tiny oil leak ruin your ride

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Do the mounts have fluid or anything in them? because mines dry. So maybe its been cracked for a while and finally gave way and split hard out. Now it knocks/vibrates every time i accelerate.

And the cars done 70k's already. Is that abbit early for the mounts to die? And would OEM mounts just die early again?

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-Z Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by stylzjhn View Post
    Oh and have you guys done anything to your jazz that would have caused more stress on the mounts? Or did they just give way on their own?
    My car is completely stock, its a CVT VTi-S btw and the only major thing to happen to it is that the cvt gearbox was changed at 76,000 (8,000) ago. Someone suggested that they (Honda) may have contributed to the mount needing replacing, but i don’t think so because it’s done 8000 kms since.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3
    Quote Originally Posted by stylzjhn View Post
    i researched online on how to change engine mounts and people have said its fairly easy to change engine mounts. Worth saving $100 for labour and getting it done yourself?

to change the engine mount takes a lot of time.. unless u have the right tools cos u need to be very precise when putting on the mount cos its not flexible.. therefore u need to do a lot try and error of leveling to fit it in.. i rather pay to some one that is certify and will guarantee any faulty installation then risking it.. but its up to you if u want to DIY

i reckon the result of my engine mount wearing out is i probably treat it rough in thrashing it and doing hard cornering therefore could possibly wear the rubber mount quickly..
    HONDA GD3

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by MUGENJ View Post
    to change the engine mount takes a lot of time.. unless u have the right tools cos u need to be very precise when putting on the mount cos its not flexible.. therefore u need to do a lot try and error of leveling to fit it in.. i rather pay to some one that is certify and will guarantee any faulty installation then risking it.. but its up to you if u want to DIY

i reckon the result of my engine mount wearing out is i probably treat it rough in thrashing it and doing hard cornering therefore could possibly wear the rubber mount quickly..
    Okay thanks. I'll get it done professionally