Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Do you have vibration at 2100rpm in your Euro 6MT?

Hi all,
    Since new, my Euro 6MT has had a subtle vibration at 2100rpm. I first noticed it when I heard my steering lock key and the metal keychain vibrating against each other. It is quite high frequency that it only vibrates light objects such as small keys. My coins in the coin compartment doesn't vibrate as noticeably. The vibration comes when you are accelerating or decelerating (lifting foot off the gas). If you maintain the throttle at 2100rpm, it won't be as noticeable. Asked around, and some people said that the tuned headers are probably resonating at that particular rpm. It ONLY happens at around 2100rpm, not at 1000rpm, not at 6500rpm, not anywhere else. And it is not loading the engine because it happens in 2nd gear too.

Cheers,
    Aaron
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    2100rpm sort of coincides with the rpm when the 1 stage of vtec switchover. maybe you can check if your engine oil is sufficient, as insufficient oil may delay or cause problem with vtec sitchovers.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Oil level is enough. Also just had it changed last month and the vibration is still there.
    Last edited by aaronng; 14-12-2004 at 12:31 PM.

wouldn't have a clue, never go below 2100rpm while I'm driving.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Haven't experience that with my euro, either it doesn't exist on my euro, or I can't feel it. Have you tried asking the dealership?
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    no probs here either

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    No shudder or vibration of any kind.. Could be something that's loose?
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'll get the dealer to have a look at it. It's not very noticeable. Very very slight.
    I'm not sure if something is loose, but it has been like this since day 1. Everything in the engine bay seems ok.

Red face

Hi
    I have a noise similar to that in my auto version, but mine isnt high pitched its fairly low down and only occurs on gradual increase of revs, normal increase there is nothing, maybe related, i also have my 1000k service so i ll be asking about it, will let you know if i find anything out

Cheers
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thanks adammet04. I'll be going on holiday soon, so I'll bring mine in to check after I get back in January 05. Sob sob. I'll miss you Euro!

Hey had my car checked out by service, they couldnt pick up or notice anything with it, however they checked and i think reset the computer and i havent noticed it at all lately. they thought maybe from the AC kicking in?...They also said to bring it back if i thought it got worse. They couldnt confirm the noise through their testing. HTH guys
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself