Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch

Smile CAN MY integra 1994 VTIR BE TRACK RACED with high KM over 200+km

ay guys just need to know if its okay to track race my integra 1994 VTIR, it has done over 200,000km and it blows abit of BLUE smoke in vtec (is this normal). But i did a compression test and the results were 220,220,220,220?? lol, Im currently using 15w60 oil is that too thick?? because i used 10w-40 and all the OIL was gone in one week of vtec lol. What would be the IDEAL viscocity of oil to be used in high KM?
    eat the rice with your spoon

It should NOT be blowing blue smoke at all (you might want to run this car over mechanic asap)
    BLUE SMOKE = BAD.
    15w60 is heaps thick. I understand that you should run thicker oil for higher kms car,
    but how often do you THRASH this thing for a 10-40 to be gone in a week?

Your engine head must be gone or something.

Regardless it sounds like theres something wrong with your car and I WOULD NOT track it til I get it runned
    over by a mechanic and not blowing blue smoke.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    ohh okay...maybe i would need an engine reubild soon... it only blows blue smoke at high rpm not in low RPM.. by the way have you heard of FJ distributors in AMerica? here is the link im considering buying race pistons,rings etc from this site are those brands good ? http://fjdistributors.com/product_in...roducts_id=217

i havent lost any power at all with my car.. but the blue smoke means i think piston rings are gone and oil is passing through them who knows but then again my compression is 220 psi in all 4 cylinders. confused.

You're gonna rebuild a B18C2? With internal work? D:
    Last edited by xntrik; 15-04-2010 at 02:20 AM.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    why are you suprised lol? if i can get parts good parts for cheap and ive got a good mech i would rather rebuild and have a fresh motor rather than buying another motor without knowing how its been treated

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    with the price of the rebuild you can buy a new engine lol....
    save a little more and get a b18cr
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    usually you could track any car, it just depends how the 200XXX has been driven. you can have a car with 200,000 run better then one with 100,000. It also depends on how often it is serviced and how well maintained it is. Honda's are known to go past the 200 mark and still go strong. If its blowing blue smoke a rebuild might be needed.
    some causes of this blue smoke could be, the rings as you said, valve stem seals or it could even be the really thick oil you are running i mean 10-60 is very thick.

Purchase of another b18c engine would be a good idea. then you will be able to track it.
    Parting 1997 Integra GSi Turbo.
    Everything for sale: Visit my thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-for-sale-more

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Sounds like the car possibly needs some work in the future so track it anyway. A little oil consumption won't hurt, just keep a close eye on it. I track my 260,000km old daily and my 130,000km DC5R and they both thrive on it.

You mention that the oil consumption with 10W-40 oil was bad, how bad is bad? Anything up to 500mL for a track day is normal for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    you can track it for sure.... You should be asking "will it survive a track day?"

anything can be taken onto the track

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    Sweeet I was going to post the same thread today luckly someone done it for me lol

NIce I am looking for a dc2 or eg or ek as my daily+track car

I am selling my evo8GSR cant afford anymore with an accord euro as a family + house + Evo8 not good lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    i service my integra evey 4000km, but in regards to buying a another b18c2 is there a point in buying another motor? because if i rebuild my motor everything will be fresh under the hood where as i dont know how another motor would of been used. im going to buy the parts from this site:

http://fjdistributors.com/product_in...roducts_id=217

** what do you guys think of this site dirt cheap prices good brands?

** how much is a engine rebuild nowadayz any way??? JUST LABOUR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    also guys what viscosity oil should i use?? for high milleage? and also is it worth rebuilding or buying a b18cr motor can anyone tell me about COSTS???