Car:
    rolling shell
    since your rebuilding why not drop a b20 bottom end in? haha

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    dont drop a type r engine in,

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Also wanna know approxx price for b18 rebult

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    if your compression testing is showing good compression, which it is, then the smoke being blown out at the top end could just be the richnessed dialled in by Honda to protect your motor at high RPM...

i say go out, enjoy the car the way its meant too... when it goes pop, THEN consider fixing the issue... and, im of the opinion that if you rebuild your motor the benefits are

1) You know the motor, and what you will do to it, so you have control
    2) You will maintain the same numbers the car came out of the factory with
    3) you can potentially, based on budget, build the motor how you want it to be... there is no reason why your build cannot meet and exceed the output of a "B18CR"...

Buying a motor out of the DC2 Type R will cost up to 5k... imagine how much work you can do to a motor for that much dosh
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

I agree with Zilli on this one..... if you do decide to change the motor rebuild isn't such a bad idea...you can get better output than a stock type r motor with a similar price
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by mnc View Post
    since your rebuilding why not drop a b20 bottom end in? haha
    his on the ball.. imo.. get a b20 bottom end for like 600 and build on that

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    exactly ^ *high five duy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    yeah rebuilding idea would be a good one ill wait until my
    my car goes POP, but ye i do service my car every 4000kz
    because i luv to also guys what brand of oil should i use? Because motul 10w40 wud be gone
    in 1 week of vtec lol what about 15w-40? And what do you guys think i shpuld bd putting
    besides the thick ass oil im using now 15w-60

** by the way guys do you know how the dip stick there are two small dots is it sorta low if its just above the 2nd dot but i only check the dip stick wen the engine is cooled down after 30 mins or wen its cold and cold wen wud be a gwd time to check the dip stick in you opinionz
    eat the rice with your spoon

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    check dipstick first thing in the morning when the engine is cold. if the oil is only just above the lower dot, i would suggest topping it up a bit.

stick to using 10w40 but try a different brand of oil. i found my dc4 would eat thru castrol magnatec like nothing, but after swapping to Nulon gold (its in a gold bottle) i use barely any.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chickeneg3 View Post
    yeah rebuilding idea would be a good one ill wait until my
    my car goes POP, but ye i do service my car every 4000kz
    because i luv to also guys what brand of oil should i use? Because motul 10w40 wud be gone
    in 1 week of vtec lol what about 15w-40? And what do you guys think i shpuld bd putting
    besides the thick ass oil im using now 15w-60

** by the way guys do you know how the dip stick there are two small dots is it sorta low if its just above the 2nd dot but i only check the dip stick wen the engine is cooled down after 30 mins or wen its cold and cold wen wud be a gwd time to check the dip stick in you opinionz
    If your eating through all your all in a week...might be something wrong with your motor....My first rebuild did that...there was a problem with it.
    blah blah blah