Thread: FD start up

FD start up

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help, I own a FD 09 and every morning when i start the car up the engine is shakey but once its warmed up its all normal, and i dont think this should happen
    Could it be the petrol im using?

any advice would be great

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Is it just shakey or can you hear noises other than engine sound as well? Seems normal if the engine is starting cold as it starts at slightly high revs and then drops as it becomes warm.

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    Depends on how low the revs are dropping, go to honda ask them to have a suss of your idle solenoid.

Had similar problems with mine
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    my 10 civic makes a bit more noise then when i do a cold start but that is usual with all cars and it goes from about 1.5k rev to under 1k when it is wormed up. Btw did you start the car after the buzz noise? or in the middle of it.

thanks for the replies...
    doesnt make any weird noise just shakey on a cold start, i've actually filled up at a diff petrol station and its been less shakey now... maybe the petrol station i been filling up at was contaminated or something.. we'll see