Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    So are the BC Coilovers your talking about are they Buudy club? Or something else....

what about tien basics??????

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    BC racing coilovers are not buddyclub coilovers. They stand for BorChan, and are made in Taiwan. From what I have read, BC's first lot of coilovers (V1 series and such) had poor quality control and were not very good, and hence have a bad stigma put against their name. However, their latest series (gold BR, ER) have been a greatly improved and I have only read good reviews about them, since they are based on the tein design and other improvements. Having said that, I haven't read of anyone having the set of BC BRseries coilovers for more than a year, since they're still new, and so reliability and life span is yet to be determined.

Tein Basics are alright if all you're looking for are height adjustments, as they have no dampening, camber, upper pillow mount adjustments. Spring rates for basics are the same as SS, except with pre-adjusted dampening to 8, which is in the middle of the 0-16 point damper adjustments on SS model. Some find it too soft for the street.

I am in the midst of finding a set of coilovers myself, struggling to justify whether or not to pay for functions I may not even put to good use ..
    Last edited by illuzi0nz; 20-04-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    I have BC N+. Great coilovers for the street, not as stiff as the RSD, or other coilovers, is height adjsutible also (obviously).. However, the rear's foryou to adjsut it, you ahve to take it out of the car.. having said that, i do reccomend looking intot he Tein range. Also, when i ahd the coilover out to adjust, the bush at the bottom, was worn out.... I wont eb buying buddyclub ever again, but ahving said that... Tey have been nothing but great increase's in looks, ahndling for me.. for the street.
    BC doesnt stand for buddyclub... its borchan the ones im talking about

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    [QUOTE=illuzi0nz;2725970]BC racing coilovers are not buddyclub coilovers. They stand for BorChan, and are made in Taiwan. From what I have read, BC's first lot of coilovers (V1 series and such) had poor quality control and were not very good, and hence have a bad stigma put against their name. However, their latest series (gold BR, ER) have been a greatly improved and I have only read good reviews about them, since they are based on the tein design and other improvements. Having said that, I haven't read of anyone having the set of BC BRseries coilovers for more than a year, since they're still new, and so reliability and life span is yet to be determined.

Tein Basics are alright if all you're looking for are height adjustments, as they have no dampening, camber, upper pillow mount adjustments. Spring rates for basics are the same as SS, except with pre-adjusted dampening to 8, which is in the middle of the 0-16 point damper adjustments on SS model. Some find it too soft for the street.

I am in the midst of finding a set of coilovers myself, struggling to justify whether or not to pay for functions I may not even put to good use ..[/QUOTE

Im not going to track all i want is height adjusment i want to lower it very low so it looks nice and adjust it higher if i ever get a defect or i end up going somewhere far into the country.

How is the ride on these though? And when you say soft does that mean?
    what do these do or what are they used for: no dampening, camber, upper pillow mount
    adjustments.

cheers

agree about the bang for buck on BuddyClub N+ coils. being adjustable in height and damper i found they were probably the better ones for eveyrday use. i have been in BuddyClub RSD coils they are too stiff for everyday driving but were very good(they were also height and damper adjustable).

but as to ur budget possibly a good shock/spring combo would be a good option.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    Ok than starting to get a good idea. Still need more info but.

So BC GOLDS are better than BC V1 yer?????
    How much are tien basics?

And what do these do or what are they used for:
    1. dampening,
    2.camber, upper pillow mount adjustments

Also guys what di inverted tie rods do and what does a camber kit do????

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    Go BC BR series. You can pick them up for $1150

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    Quote Originally Posted by typeS__ View Post
    hey whered u get ur bc coilovers for $1200?? which ones are they??
    Got my coilovers from OTR (On The Run Motorsport). There the BR series.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    Quote Originally Posted by AsHw3e View Post
    Got my coilovers from OTR (On The Run Motorsport). There the BR series.
    Ok so BC is the way to go
    ebay has the bc v1 seriers are they the ones to get???????????

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    Quote Originally Posted by aimen View Post
    Ok so BC is the way to go
    ebay has the bc v1 seriers are they the ones to get???????????
    get the BR type bro.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Has anyone tried the BC type RM coils? These use an inverted strut design, cost a lil more than the other types mentioned. I was considering these and wonder if anyone has any experience?

Quote Originally Posted by aimen View Post
    Ok than starting to get a good idea. Still need more info but.

So BC GOLDS are better than BC V1 yer?????
    How much are tien basics?

And what do these do or what are they used for:
    1. dampening,
    2.camber, upper pillow mount adjustments

Also guys what di inverted tie rods do and what does a camber kit do????
    The BC Golds (BRs) are better than the V1 series if you want to pay the extra $100. BCRacing said that the difference is essentially that the BR have a wider range of damper adjustment and can become MUCH firmer than the V1 series, which is good for track work. They personally recommended the V1 series for the street. The V1 series that is available now is NOT an old product, they have been completely re-designed just like the BR series.

1. Dampening is the firmness of the suspension. IE hard or soft ride.
    2.Camber is the angle of the wheels in or out.. like when you see a car that's dumped on wide/large wheels with the top of the wheel just tucked under the guard, that's an example of negative camber..... hard to describe without pics.. google images ftw!
    -Upper Pillow Mounts allow you to adjust camber. They give greater steering response/feel. The downside is that they can become clunky over time and require maintenence/replacement.

Inverted Tie Rod Ends - Corrects the angle of the tie rods between the strut and the steering rack. It's a bit hard to explain this...
    Camber kit.. is to adjust rear camber... upper pillow ball mounts aren't available for the rear.