Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5

Selecting Coilovers

Hi guys i have decidied to get a set of coilovers instead of springs.

Im not going to get the low height and ride i want with springs.

So have decided to go for coilovers.

Only thing is i dont know nothing about them.

Can some one tell me how they work? And do i need to buy anything else when istalling coilovers?

All im after is a coilover which is adjustable in height so i can lower it and make it higher anytime and a good ride i dont want it bumpy.

Im not going to track the car only daily driving.

What is the best bang 4 your buck coilover on the market that is suitable for me.

Budget is $1000. Please help because the springs on my car are awful and im getting to the point where i dont want to drive it because it is too bumpy.

Thanks heaps cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Try find some second hand Tein superstreets if you want good branded coilovers. They are the best bang for your buck coilovers. Of find some buddyclub N+/Junior spec dampers. They are good!
    There are a few cheaper branded coilovers, but I don't really rate them personally.

Coilovers, is a fancy name for a shock and spring combo. Where a spring sits over a shock absorber is techincally a coilover. Stock suspesnsion in Honda's are technically classified as coilovers It's nothing special.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    im running ten monoflex but their very bumpy and dear to the pocket... you should def look into BC coilovers.. very smooth ride

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have BC N+. Great coilovers for the street, not as stiff as the RSD, or other coilovers, is height adjsutible also (obviously).. However, the rear's foryou to adjsut it, you ahve to take it out of the car.. having said that, i do reccomend looking intot he Tein range. Also, when i ahd the coilover out to adjust, the bush at the bottom, was worn out.... I wont eb buying buddyclub ever again, but ahving said that... Tey have been nothing but great increase's in looks, ahndling for me.. for the street.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    If you are looking at fully adjustable coilovers, try to get something like Tein Flex, or mono flex. Tein Superstreet is not full height adjustable coilovers. it adjust the height but in the same time will change the spring preload which is not recommanded.
    Mugen Whore #2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    BC coilovers are great. As i use mine for everyday use. Just recently got mine in a couple of days ago. I cant compare them to other coilovers as these are my 1st purchase. IMO these are great for its price. $1200

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra VTi-R
    You could look in to K-sport, my friend installed a set on to his V35 Skyline, he reckons there great, there dual height adjustable so you can dump your car and reasonable price.
    **If I have helped you out please feel free to give PQ (post quality point), cheers**

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    Does anyone know if the tien basics are good?

My budget is 1k.

Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    Quote Originally Posted by 96VTi-R View Post
    You could look in to K-sport, my friend installed a set on to his V35 Skyline, he reckons there great, there dual height adjustable so you can dump your car and reasonable price.
    How much are they? Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by aimen View Post
    Does anyone know if the tien basics are good?

My budget is 1k.

Thanks

With a budget of 1k you'll need to look at second hand coilovers or a shock/spring combo.

but if it can stretch a bit..
    Im riding with tein flex's (discontinued, look at tein monoflex) the ride is not too stiff for street imo and handling is a great improvement over stock.
    Height is easily adjuster and dampener settings (softer/harder) is even easier adjusted

I recommend stretching the budget and going for the V1 Series of BC Racing coilovers. These can be picked up for $1199 brand new and are an excellent product. I've been through countless brands of coilover and these rated up there with the likes of Cusco. More adjustment, better ride quality and they performed just as well! I have read very few, if any, bad experiences with the BC products.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

When I chucked coilovers on my DC5, I found that the settings were quite off, so don't cheap out on getting a wheel alignment afterwards!.

Also, since it's for a DC5R, I'd recommend getting some inverted tie-rod ends to correct the rod angle since you sound like you want to go pretty low. A rear camber kit wouldn't go astray either.
    Last edited by ChrisSX; 19-04-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AsHw3e View Post
    BC coilovers are great. As i use mine for everyday use. Just recently got mine in a couple of days ago. I cant compare them to other coilovers as these are my 1st purchase. IMO these are great for its price. $1200
    hey whered u get ur bc coilovers for $1200?? which ones are they??