Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    yeh I mean cam seal, wateverssss lol

The cam plugs are the same for all the non-Vtec B's. I bought an aluminium o-ring seal a few years back and was very happy with the way it fit and sealed. Got one for my sister too when she bought a Teg with the classic oil leak.

Current engine as it is on the stand has a new OEM plug - individually they're cheaper.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Aite, I'm going to order the cam seal and valve cover gasket on Monday. Thanks!

It came home with me yesterday, gearbox seems fine so that's a big relief. However, there's wiring issues with the headlights: on the right headlight, with lowbeam only the corner light comes on. With highbeams, all of the lights come on, so I'm pretty sure it's not a blown bulb. The left bumper indicator might indeed be blown though, anyone know what size that is/if there's an easy way to check whether it's the bulb or something else?

Anyway, took off the front bumper so that I can fix my lights... mechanic told me they're faded and need to be fixed.

Also, it seems that whenever the car rocks, due to doors being shut or people getting in, or even just pushing the front of the car down, the catalytic converter (or what I think is the cat converter) squeaks.

Is that common? Time to keep reading that service manual...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    No, that's the resonator, prevents the exhaust from "droning". Cat will be further up the chain, near the downpipe. If its not then you have no cat which is illegal.

BTW, looks like a good buy. Bit of work to clean her up but should be OK.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayle View Post

The rear, right disk rotor seems badly rusted, though the others all look fine.
    If he has been driving the car, and the right disk rotor is rusted on the friction face, that means that the rear right caliper has siezed and needs either a rebuild or replacement.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2