Member Array

AUT Cooling Plate or Snorkel

what is best AUT cooling plate or snokel. i was thinking the cooling plate ...... But i was also thinking if spoon makes a snorkel rather than a cooling plate than the snorkel may be better..... has any one had experence with both to see which one works better

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    the spoon snorkel probably would work alot better than the cooling plate. Since the snorkel feeds cold air directly into the airbox. The cooling plate is just nicer engine bling imo.

Member Array
    has anyone got a before and after dyno result of a snorkel on the s2... I have read that there is restriction in the snorkel where it is compressed so not to foul with the bonet

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Scoops wont do good on the dyno as most dyno fans are pretty high up and point at the engine bay. But while driving its a different story.
    Scoops also get the air from the front of the car, where as the cooling plate actually collects the air that already hits the radiator.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by b20b View Post
    has anyone got a before and after dyno result of a snorkel on the s2... I have read that there is restriction in the snorkel where it is compressed so not to foul with the bonet
    The middle section does look abit restricted but the airflow in the snorkle is better than cooling plate.

Does anyone know where there is a AUT cooling plate available in OZ?

I've just ordered mine from eBay.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Platinum Visuals sells the cooling plate. Look in the traders section in the main forum.

The snorkel has that 'restriction' so you don't have to cut under neath your bonnet to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    Scoops wont do good on the dyno as most dyno fans are pretty high up and point at the engine bay. But while driving its a different story.
    Scoops also get the air from the front of the car, where as the cooling plate actually collects the air that already hits the radiator.
    It will be the air in front of the radiator though, so I reckon if you blank off the cooling plate where it redirects air to the OEM airbox it would make a pretty good 'scoop'