Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

2010 Mazda 3 or facelift civic?

Hi guys, Im looking to buy another car and my choices are either a new 2010 Mazda 3 or facelifted civic? Im going to go testdrive the mazda today, does anyone own or have test driven the new mazda 3? If so what did you think? Any problems?
    If i were to purchase the mazda i'd either be looking at either the neo or the maxx sport whereas with the civic i'll be looking at purchasing a vti or maybe even a prefacelift fd2.
    I've done alittle research on the mazda and found out that it comes standard with a 6 speed gearbox, and the maxx sport comes with gps and also the interior looks more "flashier" than the FD.
    Which do you think would be better "bang for buck"
    thanks

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    between those two i'd get the new car... Mazda
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    I'd definately go for the new Mazda 3, I think the goofy front looks pretty aggressive and is a much more modern car than the Civic (overall).

Both have good fuel economy, both are comfortable to drive and have a decent amount of interior room, personally I prefer the interior of the new Mazda 3.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    I'd pick the Mazda as well, the civics made in thailand -_-... i've seen the dash of the FD civic pulled apart and overall quality of plastics uses, is avg.... if you look around the wheels in the wheel guard area, you will see that the sound deadening looks like crap too lol, other things.. the manual gear knob is fail on the FD looks so cheap and flimsy, apart from that , its an aight car ,
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    id say go with the Mazda
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Hatch or sedan? Cant decide

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Go mazda lol.

It's the 'new' car. or just wait for the next civic XD
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    If you go with the 3 get the hatch imo

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    mazda 3 sedan
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Raztaz View Post
    mazda 3 sedan
    Yeah im leaning towards the sedan.. haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Whats funny is that when i ask mazda forums which car is more superior they tell me that the FD is better but when i ask on honda forums you guys tell me mazda would be a better choice. Hehe ironic

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3 + Honda Odyssey
    Which mazda forum is this? =S

Well.. i own the previous gen.. and i bought it over the civic.. and i testdrove the new 3.. The drive seems the same.. but the interior is much funkier. I'd go with the 3.. but i would hold off for another month as all the models will be getting new features.

The neo will be getting extra airbags + cruise + audio controls as standard, maxx will be getting fog lights, leather steering wheel and a few other things... and the maxx sport will be getting climate control and a few other things..

There is still a big question mark over the SP25 and what goddies it gets.. and the MPS might offer a new colour.. Crystal Pearl White..

So yeh.. Mazda3>FD but hold off.. New shipment comes on the 23rd April from memory