Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thanks guys, ok now umm this is a bit embarassing but that silver switch was just a little silver nipple type thing, i only saw it in the dark when i first got the car but didnt pay to much attention, i really was hoping for an ejector seat though, anyway i put it on a hoist after work tonight and underneath the car is very tidy for a car with 140,000 k's i was quite happy, had also been fitted with new bushes recently by the looks of it, also i used some upper engine cleaner to clean the valves so im slowly making little adjustments here n there, and was thing aboutputting some performance spark plugs in it, anyone have any suggestions to which spark plugs are better than others, and where they can be purchased?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    NGK Iridium or Denso Iridium. I run Denso IK22 for an sr20det. Similar plug, but much easier to find. Any spare part place will stock these.

Standard are NGK Platinum NGK PFR7G-11S

NGK Iridium NGK IFR7G-11KS

Denso Iridium IK24

Some claim that Denso plugs have failed, and that ends break off and destroy motors. I've been running them for years and never had an issue. Yet my mates S2K lunched a motor after an NGK Iridium plug failed. So i guess it can happen to any plug, make sure you run the correct plug, check that they are gapped correctly, (even though they are apperently all pre-gapped) it doesn't hurt to check. You can run a different temp plug if required, however under normal circumstances the standard temp of plugs are fine.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Congrats on the buy mate... you will love it!
    Vti-R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000RPM View Post
    @ acurabot: then try sleeping in a s2k... epic fail :P
    After my experience in my car, I'd pass lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    NGK Iridium or Denso Iridium. I run Denso IK22 for an sr20det. Similar plug, but much easier to find. Any spare part place will stock these.

Standard are NGK Platinum NGK PFR7G-11S

NGK Iridium NGK IFR7G-11KS

Denso Iridium IK24
    ok, will places like repco, autobahn. and supercheap have these? if so ill go check them out tonight.
    Do you notice any performance difference, or is there an actual performance different or does it just help the engine run better?
    Thanks for the info also.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah they should do, I've bought them from Repco and Autobahn plenty of times.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    hey i was talking to one of the mechanics i work with. and he has this book that has an index ffferent spark plug does, but basically why im telling you this is because this particular book says the s2000 should already come standard with platinum spark plugs....any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah that's correct, that's i posted 'standard' are platinum. Next step from there is Iridium. Much of a muchness, the Iridium seem to go the distance a little better than the Platinum.

how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by doma View Post
    how much?
    $19.67

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    Congrats on the purchase man!
    Hopefully i'll be in your shoes in about 9 months time : )
    Still saving hardcore haha.
    Enjoy !

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    yeah ive done the hardcore saving to get mine but it payed off, i would post up some pics but i dunno how to without using that photo site, cause i cant figure out how to just upload photos normally but then again i havent looked much.
    cheers