Thread: Engine Sump

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

Engine Sump

Does anyone know what grade of aluminium the engine oil sump is? I can't find it anywhere? Even consulted Honda without any luck.

The reason for asking is, i'm in the process of getting a baffle made and welded inside the sump. I've been informed by my fabricator that both baffle and sump grade need to be matched so the baffle will never crack at the welds and becomes lose inside the engine.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 21-04-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added more info
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

S2Krazy Array
    Fk I just sold my spare one last week. Honestly not too sure myself. Perhaps ask aus?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    I can't believe how hard it is just to get a silly baffle put in. I can see now that it's easier to just go out and buy a baffled sump.

"HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

"HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Thanks champ! I think i'm going to just get the baffle welded and not worry about the grade matching. I've got 5 sumps that also wanted to do and on-sell, however i wouldn't want to cause any possible issues to someone else. So i'll stick to doing mine only for now as it isn't costing me anything anyway.

Why you got so many sumps lol

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    My mate works for Honda. He scored a whole stack of f20c short motors that were ex-warranty due to excessive oil consumption, most had only done 10-20k. Some were stripped, some whole. We kept the whole ones and parted out the others. I had a J's sump in my previous S2K and don't really feel like dropping $600 again on a piece of aluminum, especially when i've got access to a C&C machine and i have spare sumps.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    My mate works for Honda. He scored a whole stack of f20c short motors that were ex-warranty due to excessive oil consumption, most had only done 10-20k. Some were stripped, some whole. We kept the whole ones and parted out the others. I had a J's sump in my previous S2K and don't really feel like dropping $600 again on a piece of aluminum, especially when i've got access to a C&C machine and i have spare sumps.
    Hook me up
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Me too!