Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Ozhonda Wiki - Feedback Required

I would just like to get some feedback on what you would want from a Wiki based on the following perspectives

1. As a reader learning / looking for information
    2. As a contributor who would like to help maintain the Wiki

Please post any thoughts you have on the following:

• How the sections / categories should be setup
    • Who should have access to editing the Wiki
    • What should be in the Wiki
    • Etc

I am tossing up a couple of options with regards to how it should be implemented so all feedback is welcome.

EDIT: Based on feedback we will look at having the following sections:
    Accord,
    Civic
    etc (the other Honda models)
    Road Rules and Regulations
    Suspension / Handling

Under each section will most likely be an entry for each generation of that model.

Ie say under 5th generation Civic we might have:
    History
    Changes from the 4th generation
    Specs
    Economy
    Variants
    Performance recommendations

ETC
    Last edited by wynode; 03-05-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Updated based on feedback
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    As a reader I'd like to see a nice and simple base for example have on the main page it sectioned off by model i.e AH ED EG EK etc (even having an image of the car to help reference nubs further) then from there go into the basics i.e suspension, engine/engine swaps, compatability, standard specs/info etc

As you know Win I'm more then happy to contribute if and where possible, though lately I've been busy with the move to Brisbane and not having internet access, though my hand is raised I may not be the best help of all.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    i agree with lloyd on the model section, but also with technical categories...like a general suspension/engine etc. maybe having a tagging system, to link an artical to the "suspension" category as well as the "eg" category...if its not too hard. i have no idea on the technical side of wikis so im not sure how viable this is.

i'd be interested to see what people think about a database of general mechanical knowlege rather then honda specific, like an article on mcpherson struts and double wishbone as opposed to just in the civic article "the ek has double wishbone"

i am more then willing to contribute my knowlege...
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

is this going to be available to the world or just OzHonda registered members?

It's a great idea as going from a DA9 to DC2R means I have to keep searching everywhere for info.

Definately sectioned into models, the chassis designations etc

Cross linking shouldnt be too hard, or just have a link at the bottom of each page to the model maybe

Would be great to ba able to find info on models, specs, suspension and drivetrains, conversions

Thanks in advance to the people who have to do the hard yards!
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Thanks all for the offers.

Yes it will be open to everyone to view but only Ozhonda members to edit. Please keep the comments coming all.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Why has there not been much more input in this?

Come on people, this will make researching parts and interchangability a shitload easier, not forgetting all the nubs who cry 'how do I search?' or 'search for me' shall be no more, it'll be a simple point to the wiki which will be alot more straight forward!!!
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Lloyd. I've put up a notice to get a bit more people looking at this.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1990 da9 b20 CO
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    As a reader I'd like to see a nice and simple base for example have on the main page it sectioned off by model i.e AH ED EG EK etc (even having an image of the car to help reference nubs further) then from there go into the basics i.e suspension, engine/engine swaps, compatability, standard specs/info etc

As you know Win I'm more then happy to contribute if and where possible, though lately I've been busy with the move to Brisbane and not having internet access, though my hand is raised I may not be the best help of all.
    2nd that
    DA9 B20 CONVERSION COMPLETE

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    i think time to get a honda-tech style model lay out for each model with date of production as well

example

Honda civic

-ah and older
    -ed/ef civic/crx
    -eg/eh
    -ek/ej8/em1
    and few more in later models

Integra
    -da
    -dc2
    -dc5

Accord
    -cd
    -old euro
    -new euro

jazz
    new and old model

Maybe move city , CRV and Odyssey out on the main section and out of Other Hondas

and other words a bigger Model Specific with more option for the user to find out more on each model without getting confuse
    Last edited by pat88c; 29-04-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    [*]What should be in the Wiki[*]Etc[/LIST]
    i see alot of

"is this a defect" or "what can cops defect me for"

I think we should have a section stating the basics on what is legal and a defect.

-----------------------------------

Another idea would be to have basic modifications section for each car/engine/chassis with a DIY linked to it

----------------------------------

track and drag time section for everyone to see.

more ideas when i think bout it

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    For it to be effective we would have to be diligent with cross-referencing. For example, some performance mods relate to a variety of vehicle models eg. DA rear brake conversion on ED. Cross-referencing makes sure that all users, both experienced and noobs, can follow a thread or idea across models. Also, we would have to have plenty of scope to edit entries where we know the poster has made an error or at best, perpetuated a myth. I can't think of an example, but there's plenty of this currently on OzHonda.

I would like to see an alphabetical listing, but as I said, heavily cross-referenced.

Also allow for posting of photos as examples but restrict the photos to non-copyright and no stuff pinched from other sites. In other words, original photos only.

If I think of more, I'll post up.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    whilst you said wyn, itll be for ozhonda memebers to all edit, i think there should be strict regulation and format. in addition, proof reading perhaps by a handful of people. and ozhonda memebers who are allowed to add info should have a particular amount of rep points or something of similar nature.