Thread: DA9 Start Up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Integra LS

DA9 Start Up

Had my DA9 for about a year and have had some troubles with it starting on warmers days (doesn't always have to be too warm but happens more frequently in the heat).
    Ill try put in as much detail as i can about what happens...
    As usual throw the key in, atm there is a immobilizer installed but has been wired around as i swam with my keys so i will turn the key to the second click where battery light, oil light and yellow engine warning light comes on, engine light only on for a short time, when the car does start the orange engine light disappears with a click.
    What is the orange light representing ?
    When car starts (and the problem is present) the revs of the car will go to idol, then just die, no matter if i floor it or just watch it. The revs will just fall quite quickly until the car stalls.
    If i then try to restart the car straight away it will either do the same thing or the engine light will remain on and not click off or disappear, and if the light does stay on when trying to start the car it just wont, it tries as much as it can but just wont.
    I obviously have a few theories behind what it is, and today had it checked out at a place in Wangara, they cleaned the throttle body as it was apparently quite dirty, but then i when to get fuel and after filling up the car (after starting perfectly fine at the workshop) took a few minutes to start.

I will try post up a video of the problem as soon as I can.
    Thanks to all responses in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    i believe if the engine light stays on and you cant hear that last click it means your fuel pump isnt priming (please correct me if i am wrong), i think your fuel relay needs to be replaced as it is common for them to stop working in the heat.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Orange light is FUEL PUMP.

Is it revving funny.. up down up down up down as it idles lower and lower? (bouncing needle)
    if so .. Take a HIGH QUALITY picture of your ENGINE BAY i encountered a few problems like this before i will find it through the pic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Integra LS
    okay will take the pic tomorrow some time and have it up tomorrow night.

In regards to what Grifty said, what would make the fuel pump not prime? just age/faulty unit or another source?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    over time the relays just die out, replace the main fuel relay and see how that goes.
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Integra LS
    took out the relay and this is what it looks like

there was a crack in one of the solders which i had fixed up
    now just to wait to see if the problem is still there.

will still take photo, be up later today