Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new S2000 owner

new S2000 owner

hey every one, its been 4 weeks that ive had my S2. its white with red interior, it was in feb's edition of hot4's. It with and came lowered on g4 coilovers and 20"s. now i had thought i had found the car i had wanted since i was 15, but ive have had nothing but problems with it.

after a long and very bumpy ride home to melb from sydney:

week 1. broke left hand drive shaft $600 fix (tow truck driver lost my tow hook cap on my rear bumper)

week 2. alarm immobiliser unit was not working, towed it to an alarm place and was told unit was faulty. so got a new unit fitted $600

week 3. both rear tyres punctured from accessive cambre on inside of the tyre. $440 for 2 new tyres

so after 4 weeks its still not registered, and its seams as though its going to be a money pit.
    now ive heard that G4 coilovers are of the lowest end of the market, but it really feels as though there is no suspention what so ever, and becoms unbearable after 10-15 mins of bumps. so sld i get the G4's looked at and re-adjusted or wait it out and get a new set of better known coil overs ??? is it possible the G4's have been damaged because of bodgy installation? or just adjusted wrong?

thanx for feedback.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    yea it is possible for them to be installed/adjusted incorrectly that's why your ride feels like shit, but then again g4 coils aint the best. I would re-adjust them first and make sure it's correct set them to a sensibe height, get a wheel alignment and burn those 20inch POS. Honestly.. I wouldn't just bring it to any shop around melbourne most of them don't know shit about adjusting dual way coils. If you can be bothered removing them I can show you how to adjust them and you can know yourself, removing the coilovers ain't too hard either.

Tow hook cap cover is $25 from Honda and it comes colour matched.

Sorry to hear about your car man that sucks bigtime, but I'm sure this car can be fixed up
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Mate i'd be investing in some better coilovers. G4, D2, HSD and BC are only good for hard parkers and used as door stops, and your car would actually handle worse than a standard one would. I'm yet to see or feel cheap shit coilovers actual perform. Anything under 2K for a set coils, and you'll struggle to better the factory setup (in handling perform).
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    So true JAP.

I would raise the car so give the coilovers some more travel and adjust them to soft.

If your running really big wheels like 19s/20s then bumps and stuff will also be felt more.

The S2k is a money pit if you don't take care of it and do stupid stuff like lower it too much like those sex spec guys =.=

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Though I do agree with you guys, I don't think that is exactly what S2on20's is after. Best fix would be to pull the coils out, make sure they aint damaged/leaking then adjusting the spring preload and shock body properly. Then get a wheel alignment so he doesn't wear through his brand new set of tyres.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    if the ride is too bumpy get rid of the 20's asap.. when i first bought my car, i had 17's.. i than put 20's... and it was bumpy as hell.. tried 19's and it was still really bad.. so i went back to 17's.. much better..
    my rears damper settings are on quite hard but it was much better with 17's..

BC, ISC, and HSD coilovers are actually pretty good for the price, i have a lot of friends that use the brands heavily on the track with no issues.

they are miles better than G4 and D2s, which are the worst, Ive seen quite a few break or bend shafts

thanx for feed back guys, so when i pull the coilovers out what sld i be looking for exactly in term of damage or leeking? BTW got a new cap from honda narre warren $27 ordered in 1 day

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I may be parting out my Tein Monoflex with EDFC if ur interested? ... It's done less than 100kms since i had it in installed December 09.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Just mainly look for oil leaks that's one of the main things you can search for visually. And if anything is bent.
    After that loosen all the spring perches and body lock. Adjust the spring perch so it it just holds the spring so it doesn't have any play, then move the body up to lower it Adjust the dampers to softest all round and see how it feels after that.

The Monoflex should be better then the G4 comfort wise, not much more in performance wise but. However his are newer and you'll be able to fang off your g4 for whatever and net some cash for it.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

how much you get the car for?

thanx vyets, ill try that and see how it feels before i go out and buy a new set. ill update when i get it done.

stain master, i got it for $34...fresh paint, 20's, system,shit coil overs, and 47,000k's with honda history

i used to own an A4 and a few audi boys from ozaudi.com used to get together every couple months for a cruse or dyno shoot out. any of u boys ever get together for events or anything?