Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new S2000 owner

^ get rid of the chrome wheels and we might let you hang out with us

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    ^
    LOLL!!! tightass!!

Yea.. every car club/group/whatever always has general meetups/cruises/other events, however mainly it's ozhonda.
    The s2000 community is quite small and it's not often a s2000 cruise comes up. Dyno shootout days.. LOL boring and a waste of time IMO so I don't bother however ozhonda does sometimes have honda dyno days and stuff.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Dyno? S2000s aren't known to make big horsepower so we usually don't show up to that sort of thing hahah

so i had a play around with the coilovers on the long weekend, turns out there was 1-2 cm of free play with the spring and the dampers were set to hardest. so i raised the whole car 2" (for the roadworthy) cut out the free play in the spring, and set dampers to softest. result: DRAMATIC change in ride comfort, and heaps more back end grip. thanx for the adv vyets.

boys i know S2's are not the quickest things out there but it would be good too see what power gains ppl are getting from diff mods. or even a cruse... either way just to put a face to the names.

once more thing, there is a switch on the drivers side door rite on top of the power window switches, it says on/off on it... whats this for ??

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by S2on20 View Post
    so i had a play around with the coilovers on the long weekend, turns out there was 1-2 cm of free play with the spring and the dampers were set to hardest. so i raised the whole car 2" (for the roadworthy) cut out the free play in the spring, and set dampers to softest. result: DRAMATIC change in ride comfort, and heaps more back end grip. thanx for the adv vyets.

boys i know S2's are not the quickest things out there but it would be good too see what power gains ppl are getting from diff mods. or even a cruse... either way just to put a face to the names.

once more thing, there is a switch on the drivers side door rite on top of the power window switches, it says on/off on it... whats this for ??

No problem, glad I could help and happy you sorted it all out.

The switch sounds like the window lock switch, so it locks the passenger side window so they can't open/close it.

Meh, it's hard to tell what kind of power you're making on a dyno day, unless you do back to back dynos you really don't know what power you making. 2 totally stock s2000's can pull very diffrent power figures on the dyno too many variables come into play so it's really hard to tell what kind of power they are making from mods considering NA mods are single figure gains.

Cruises are nice however, personally I rather cruise with my friends lol :P
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Saying that S2K's don't make big numbers on dyno's is not quite acurate. Sure compared to a modified turbocharged car, our figures seem somewhat weak. They still make more power than a standard SR20DET on the dyno. I've entered 4 dyno events with mine which is 'technically' standard, and won 4cyl N/A everytime. For it's class, in standard trim they do very good, and not a bad way to pay for an event as most times class/winner nets money which will cover the entry fee.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO