Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JDM DC5R Wheels...

Question: I know it's not possible to fit JDM DC5R Wheels unless you have the JDM Brembo Brake setup but is it possible to run the wheels using spacers??
    If so, what spacers would be required?? What spacers would you recommend??
    Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    why is it not possible without the brembos? :S
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

They Dont clear the callipers i remember reading from memory.. Correct me if im wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    are Brembo's smaller than the normal dc5r brakes? I had similar problems when I tried putting dc5r rims on a fd1, had to put spacers at the front.

guess you can put a few washers on the wheel studs and put the wheel on and see how many u need to clear your brakes, then use the amount of washers to measure how big spacers you need. (dont drive with the washers plz, very dangerous).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Jdm dc5r wheels clear and will fit.. But cos their +65 offset... They will look sunken in.. I recommend a 35 mm spacer at the minimum if u want a flush look... I had stock wheels with a 25 mm spacer and zero camber n it was flush fitment.. If u get those wheels u wanna get wide asss spacers for it to look decent!

Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post
    are Brembo's smaller than the normal dc5r brakes? I had similar problems when I tried putting dc5r rims on a fd1, had to put spacers at the front.

guess you can put a few washers on the wheel studs and put the wheel on and see how many u need to clear your brakes, then use the amount of washers to measure how big spacers you need. (dont drive with the washers plz, very dangerous).
    Washers.. WTF lol.. Hell no.. Spacers i would use but im just wieghing things up atm...

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Jdm dc5r wheels clear and will fit.. But cos their +65 offset... They will look sunken in.. I recommend a 35 mm spacer at the minimum if u want a flush look... I had stock wheels with a 25 mm spacer and zero camber n it was flush fitment.. If u get those wheels u wanna get wide asss spacers for it to look decent!
    Any recommendation on brand of spacers mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    JDM DC5R wheels are +60 offset.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Sorry 60 ... I used to have h&r... Get hub centroc bolt on spacer, not slip on

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I think r3ckless had H&R spacers for sale on ClubITR?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Without spacers the will scrub at full lock.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Yeah sold them

Quote Originally Posted by DC5.Raven View Post
    Without spacers the will scrub at full lock.
    I was assuming that would happen lol... Im trying to get them without rubber as i'll be getting new rubber on them.. Question as im noob in the wheels market lol..
    Obtain spacers at where i get the wheels fitted with tyres etc.. Or get spacers elsewhere?
    Cheers