Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    while we're on the topic of improving/fixing eg power window, has anyone have ever try fitting ek or dc window motor?
    most of the door is very similar in terms of seals if that helps a lil

best bet is a new item although expensive you have to remember it as it stands is a 10yo+ part that gets moved a heck of alot per day and for it to only fail now isn't so bad, most of the second hand ones I buy usually die again after a few years as theyre from 100K-130k cars anyhow lol. from what I have found although more noisy, the ek hatchback windows are prob the best second hand items around as they are a much better design than the coupes (coupes had a quieter motor for luxury reasons but its weaker)

best bet it to have spares lying around for rainy days
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Ahhh, that's quite an idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    good topic yo, my windows seem to go slower on rainy days lol....and now passanger side is 80% the speed on drivers side....would be good to know what motors are good replacement though!!!
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Thanks,
    Yeah on rainy days my window too does go slower and tend to vibrate harshly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    me and im.kusuma just sprayed my window seals with silicon spray -> window acts brand new

can you put up a picture of where you used the spray, sorry im a bit confused on where your talking about. as i have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by tsol0811 View Post
    wouldn't that make the window all greasy?
    Yep. Silicone spraying the rubbers will just attract dirt and make it far worse in the long run.

Another option would be to hook the window straight up to a 12v power source to see if it's the motor dying, or if it's a dirty connection within the switches which is not transferring the full 12V through the circuit and causing the motor to not work at full potential.

If hooking it directly up to the power source helps, trace back through the connections and clean the connectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    i wd-40 mine, the rails and the rubber. Its a 10 year old car the rubber seals needs proper lubbing and so does the rails. open ur trims up and u will see wat i mean. after i applied approx 1/2 a can of wd 40 to both my em1's doors they are working 100% even wd-40 the central locking mechanism and it works now too lol. Is there anything a can of wd40 cant fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Thanks for the great advice guys, hope others can fix thier problems too.
    I still havent had the time to spare to lube the rails. Sighs
    We'll do this weekend

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    I had the exact same problem with my Ek, All i had to do was go down to autobarn pick up some graphite pouder, then apply it to the window rails, ever since then, been so smooth up and down, i thought i needed a new motor, but the greese did the trick, so thats probably worth a shot id say
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    best to identify if it is infact the power window motor thats failing or the bailey channels. Try silicone spray or lube tube on the channels and see if that makes it better, check the channels to see if any part if coming loose/wrecked etc. clean the gunk inside the channels.
    I had the exact same problem on my EK, lubes helped abit but didnt completely fix it as there was a loose part, so I just got brand new bailey channels from honda was about 300-350ish supplied and installed. and after that it worked like new again.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    My LHS window was winding up way slower then my RHS.. soo i got some silicone lube, sprayed it down the seals , pretty much saturated it, until lube started dripping out from the bottom. wiped the window clean.. and the window has been opening and shutting like a charm for the past couples of months in rain or shine. Dust attracting to the lube should be the least of your problems to worry about
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol