Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

Roof latch question

hey guys, i just have a short question with the s2000 i have recently bought, its a 2000 model, and when im driving and hit about 80kp/h i can hear air coming through the top of the roof, its not that bad i mean i could probably get use to it, but was just wondering if there was a way to tighten the latch buckles that hold the roof in place, my particular latches arent really that tight, any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks

S2Krazy Array
    Its a common wear and tear item.

Temporary solution?
    Un-do them and swap them as the latching point is at different spots.

Fix it solution?
    - Wrap hook in electrical tape.
    - Unbolt strikers and add a washer or 2 underneath making the latching point a mm or 2mm lower, thus creating a tighter air seal. Be sure to use a slightly longer threaded M10 (at a guess, but likely) bolt to accomodate the extra space the washers use up.

Proper solution?
    Spend $80 on each side and buy brand new strikers from Honda. Problem may re-occur in ~2yrs time. Again, common wear and tear item.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

yeah I just swapped mine left to right, works good, until they wear out again.

also, make sure you use the handle to push the roof into place properly when latching.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Just to add to what Ludecrs said, buy hardtop strikers as they are thicker.

Wrapping your latch hooks in electrical tape/shrink wrap stops the metal to metal contact that wears them out.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ok thanks for the feedback guys