Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9

CAI or strut bars whats your opinion?

hey guys im lookin into doin some work on my euro and i was jugling between gettin CAI for a bit of performance or strut bars for handling? what do you guys think and does anyone hav any opinions on CAI in particular is it worth the price? im probs gona get a jtune perfrmance intake from revzone...
    tnx guys!

Member Array
    Id say go cai first,
    strut bars alone without anything else in relation to handling do not do much at all,

in addition to the tiny power gain with the cai, you get a gruntier sound.

look into INJEN!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    hardest part fr me is i cant find any supliers to get injen CAI coz i dnt have a credit card and cant buy online. Only place i kno of is revzone a mate hooked me up with them and they only suply a jtune kit with K&N filter looks alrite but its 400 for the kit and another 250 for installment.... just duno if its worth that much for only a tiny gain in power + my apexi filter alredy has a nice growl duno if CAI will be able to top it but then im no expert?

id put the money towards rear sway bar. Just use a drop in air filter for now. A euro aint a racing car

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    lol i kno its not a racing car man just wana make it beter u kno. so covering bases, handling + performance, ill do brakes and tires later. so vtecing u recon the sway bar will make a diferenc in handling? and kno roughly how much a rear bar wuld cost?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    CAI

If you can't find a manufactured one just do a DIY. Great mod to do first on a car, sounds/looks great and gives a little performance boost.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Euro View Post
    hardest part fr me is i cant find any supliers to get injen CAI coz i dnt have a credit card and cant buy online.
    Yonas from JDMYard.com can hook u up with Injen, JDMYard is also a trader on OzHonda.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ed-)-*JDMyard*
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    id put the money towards rear sway bar. Just use a drop in air filter for now. A euro aint a racing car
    never heard of the euro type R?
    whilst his engine isnt the same, it has alot of potential handling wise!

but, yes,
    if not a cai, definately go sway bar, (not strut) big difference!

a strut bar is something you should loook for at the end, after coils, after sway bars!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    thnx guys and DEMON83 i wuld get that but im in vic and he deals in NSW and i cant buy over the net coz i dnt have a credit card but this is the intake im lookin at

http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html

i just want a lil bit better pull through the 0 - 4000 revs coz its pre flat there... was hoping intake would help by vcompensating for it in 4000+ revs if u kno what i mean

and anyone kno how much a rear sway bar for the euro would cost???

Member Array
    ^^
    im sure jdmyard wll take a bank deposit buddy,
    INJEN is amongst the top of the market.
    seriously look into it!
    borrow a cc off your parents or something if neccessary.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Euro View Post
    thnx guys and DEMON83 i wuld get that but im in vic and he deals in NSW and i cant buy over the net coz i dnt have a credit card but this is the intake im lookin at

http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html

i just want a lil bit better pull through the 0 - 4000 revs coz its pre flat there... was hoping intake would help by vcompensating for it in 4000+ revs if u kno what i mean

and anyone kno how much a rear sway bar for the euro would cost???
    JDMYard do bank transfer its how i get alot of my stuff and its shipped right to ur door the next day.
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    cant bro rents dnt want me doin anything to the car :S LOL!