Unhappy Odyssey 2005 - Spark Plug Change

Hi,

Spark plug change time and I have purchased NGK Iridium plugs.

I have experience with changing spark plugs, but for Odyssey there is not much room as they sit right beneath window edge moulding and it looks like there is limited room to get socket and extension into engine once cover comes off. Also cannot see what is going on.

Has anyone had any experience with changing Odyssey spark plugs and have any tips on doing it easily.

Thanks

NMB

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    try removing the scuttle panel fist. thats what we usually do.

Hi,

Not sure what a scuttle panel is. I can see a long rectangular black plastic panel (is this it) that sits above the pugs and is held on by blind nuts. I assume you remove this panel and plug electronics associated leads and plugs are under there. What I was wondering is there does not seem to be a lot of room to get an extension + spark plug socket under the window frame overhang once the panel is removed? I suppose I want to know does this require special tool to get at the plugs?

I hope I am describing this properly.

nmb

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    yep, the scuttle panel is the black plastic trim that sits underneath the windscreen, which your wiper arms bolts onto.

by removing this panel/trim, its alot easier to work around there.

OK Thank you.

I will give it a try.

Norbert