Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI

Please help answer..........

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any information on Ej8 Coupe.

I was wondering if the head lights of an Em1 and front bumper of an Em1 would fit onto Ej8 Front. Would they fit on perfect or needs modification to make it fit.......... Please help as I'm buying an Ej8 but wants an Em1 front look.

Also would the rear tailgate lights be identical and fit on. Are they the same size in panels and parts?

Thank you a lot for your help guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    the taillights will be a perfect fit

99-00 ej8 has the same look as the em1 except for the tail lights and a few little differences

96-98 ej8 has pre-facelift front you will need the em1 hood/2x front quarter panels, front bumper/grill, and the headlights plus the em1 taillights to make it a facelift/em1 look
    Last edited by ekcoupe; 25-04-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI
    are the interior the same or diff a swell

so if i get the fenders, grill hood and front bumper that will fit on the ej8 1998 chassis
    if i was to get the em1 fenders, hood, grill, front bumper on would the em1 lights fit on perfect?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    99-00 ej8 interior is pretty much the same as the em1 interior but since ur talking about the 98 ej8 it wont be the same a bit of a difference search the look on google

yes if you get all the panels the headlights will be a perfect fit.

i reackon its a better option to get a em1 or a ej8 99-00 or even the ej6 which has the em1 look already

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI
    kool, where cna i get an ej6 then lol hahaha. how much would it cost for the parts to convert it into the em1 face?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    i think i may have the only ej6 in aus unless if you can find one, i probs say over 2grand including respray so yeah it is alot, i would rather swap for an em1 good luck mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI
    i see well thanks for the tip, I would like to swap it for a em1 but as for now ej8 will do. show me a pic of ya ej6 lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    check my sig its got a link to my build thread

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    thought this might help mate just read it on d-series.org front end conversion

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by B16bcivic View Post
    Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any information on Ej8 Coupe.

I was wondering if the head lights of an Em1 and front bumper of an Em1 would fit onto Ej8 Front. Would they fit on perfect or needs modification to make it fit.......... Please help as I'm buying an Ej8 but wants an Em1 front look.

Also would the rear tailgate lights be identical and fit on. Are they the same size in panels and parts?

Thank you a lot for your help guys.
    EM1 headlights will fit, but u need an EM1 (or 99-2000 EK) bonnet, front bar, and front fenders. Not cheap.

Rear end is all interchangeable as it's the same.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

i wouldve thought you would have to change the radiator support?

and the interior is different, but only different cause of the colour..

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by niiCk View Post
    i wouldve thought you would have to change the radiator support?

and the interior is different, but only different cause of the colour..
    Ive owned an ej8, and now have an EM1 . The interiors are exactly the same. EM1 just has an armrest rear console. Ej8 has auto up on driver's power window, but em1 doesn't. Interior color is the same.

Radiator support? b16a and d16y8 radiators are differenet, but why is this an issue for facelifting it?.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!