Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this normal?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro

is this normal?

hi to all euro owners..
    i just recently bought a used 2006 std auto euro cl9.. the questions that i want to ask are...
    it is normal that the AT down-shift itself when i applied the brake ie i can feel the car doing it..
    sorry about the noobish questions, havent driven an auto for a long time..
    cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    In sports mode I think so.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    yeah, semi-auto CL9's and most other honda's the tip-tronic gearing system, when you come to a complete stop, it down shifts by itself to gear 1.

in my opinion, tip-tronic is pretty good, but not as good as the real thing (MT).

you will realise a slight lag (1second) when you change from gear 2 to gear 3 when on 5+ reps.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by euroRwannabe View Post
    yeah, semi-auto CL9's and most other honda's the tip-tronic gearing system, when you come to a complete stop, it down shifts by itself to gear 1.

in my opinion, tip-tronic is pretty good, but not as good as the real thing (MT).

you will realise a slight lag (1second) when you change from gear 2 to gear 3 when on 5+ reps.
    sorry i should have stated that its in auto not sports mode..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    yea it does, the idea is it duplicates manual driving, so when your slowing down it "engine brakes" for you, also the advantage is when you step on the throttle, your "usually" in the right gear. Unlike my sisters getz which doesn't downshift when your slowing down, only when you apply throttle which means you've always got a bit of a lag. Takes a while to get used to, but wouldn't ever go back now

Member Array
    should of got the 6MT!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by iLlusion10 View Post
    yea it does, the idea is it duplicates manual driving, so when your slowing down it "engine brakes" for you, also the advantage is when you step on the throttle, your "usually" in the right gear. Unlike my sisters getz which doesn't downshift when your slowing down, only when you apply throttle which means you've always got a bit of a lag. Takes a while to get used to, but wouldn't ever go back now
    thanks... i thought there was something wrong with the transmission...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    should of got the 6MT!!!
    yeah i thought about buying a manual but been driving a manual for more than 10 years and honestly i was getting bored with the constant of changing gears... cheers....

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st euro View Post
    yeah i thought about buying a manual but been driving a manual for more than 10 years and honestly i was getting bored with the constant of changing gears... cheers....
    Aah, the CL9 6MT is such a sweet unit, it would have invigorated your interest in changing your own gears...

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Aah, the CL9 6MT is such a sweet unit, it would have invigorated your interest in changing your own gears...

- HZ
    Agreed.The manual gearbox really suits the Euros engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    yep it sure does. i prefer it.. just makes the driving more pleasurable

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Dealers are telling me the manuals are way harder to sell then the auto's. Go figure?
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!