Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

Unhappy Changing height on tiens

hey guys i was wondering is it safe for me to change my height on my civic using spanners and stuff from my tool box without damaging my coilovers? i currently have super streets installed. i just wanna dump it on its ass to see how it looks like and take a few photos thats all. and rise it again abit higher then what it currently is. the old owner didnt give me any tools.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    you should have tien c spanners for the coilovers, wouldn't be using any kind of make shift tool, get the proper spanners save yourself a headache

call fulcrum for them, can't see them being alot of money, people loose these alot funnily enough
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Just use a flathead screwdriver and a hammer, or bring it out to any mechanics and let them do it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    you'll have a more than good chance of destroying the rings on your suspension doing that, just get the right tools for the job
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    if you dont want to spend any cash just knock them loose with a block of wood to prevent damage.
    when I bought my Tein C spanners they were $35 IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    you'll have a more than good chance of destroying the rings on your suspension doing that, just get the right tools for the job
    I used a flathead screwdriver and a hammer for abit over 1 year now no worries at all, just make sure they are tight and check up on them. But it is good to have the actual tool.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    thanks for the replies guys, i guess ill go find the correct tools as i rather not destroy my coilovers, spending 50 bucks is alot better then losing something worth 1grand +

very well said.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    any ideas where i could find them? i dont trust ebay with car parts. I was thinking of hitting up JDMyard in resveby. Anyone know where i can pick up in sydney i live in ingleburn but im normally hanging around bankstown/campise area and i go to uni at parramatta/quakers hill. So ya im all over syd in a normal day lol and i work in surry hills soo no where would be a worry for me to get to.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Type R
    amant02 - here is the link for the tein suppliers in Australia. Call up one of the shops in your local area mate.

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au...tributors.html

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    even with the correct spanner tools it sometimes slips , using regular tools will def cause damage to the rings. you could try using spring compressors to compress the springs to take the load off so it will make it easier to turn the rings. btw you cant dump the car using tein superstreets. The rears prob can dump but the fronts cant be lowered much, and yes this is from experience. but dont get me wrong the tein ss was the most comfy coilover iv ever been in, def best suited for syd street driving.