Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

HELP, Just been in an a 4 car pile up accident and i need a Good panel Beater

I have managed to get myself into a 4 car pile up and i need a good panel beater...

Any suggestions?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Would help if you told us where you were located and the extent of the damage.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Sorry, im located in sydney.... liverpool area
    The rear beaver has been pushed in causing the spare tyre to get stuck in its current position...
    The boot has been boot lid does not shut properly and the bumper needs to be replaced and also it looks like the rear quarter has shifter the gap between the rear door and the rear quarter is now closer, the front bumper, left front quarter, bonnet and possibly the lights need to be replaced.

I'm not to sure of the structural damage as i still need to take it in for an assessment... NRMA is going to assessment on it

suggestions please ????

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    The car is a 2005 Honda Accord Euro, which i only bought last December

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    sounds like could be a write off, ull find out soon enough. btw who ended up taking the blame in the accident?

Member Array
    phhooaaa

thats big $$ for NRMA, they might just write it off... good news for you i suppose - pay out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well i hope so, well the guy that hit us is taking the blame for all the 3 of the cars that he hit. we were stationary, parked at the traffic lights waiting for the light to go green thats when the accident happened.

He also hit into a month old IS250C ouch!!!!

I hope so cause even if it is repaired it will never be the same as before.....

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    I had the same accident and my 08 euro was written off, more than 20k of damage.
    If the rear has been pushed like u have described then it is most definately a write off as the rear number, boot lid, tail lights etc need to be replaced, not even mentioning the cost of the front half. Time for a new car did u have any mods? I didn't cover my mods , so i couldn't recover them and lost about 7k

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Ouch, ouch, ouch. Double ouch for the guy with the near new IS250C...

Not sure about a repairer in the Liverpool area, unfortunately. Choosing a repairer is always painful and hit-or-miss. Someone can go to a repairer and get a great job, then another person can go to the same repairer a few months later with another job and have a not so good result. It's hard to know which are the most consistent panel beaters.

You will have to take it to the assessor though, for any claim, cosmetic or structural. NRMA will try to suggest a repairer for you, and if you have the details of the at fault driver, they'll take care of claiming off the other guy for you. NRMA might try to make it painful for you if you choose a repairer. If you do just go through NRMA, hopefully the assessor you get is a good one. If they choose the repairer, NRMA will deal with the repairer for you. If you choose the repairer, you usually have to do it yourself. Sometimes you get assessors who are very fastidious, and will make sure the car is done right. Make sure the assessor knows the score with you.

Go over the car with a fine tooth comb with the assessor, before and after the car is repaired. You want to look out for misaligned panels, bad respray etc. If the car is drivable, listen for squeaks/groans in the rear suspension.

Check that the repairer uses PPG or Glasurit paint, to get the best paint match.

If the car isn't written off, but it could be close to it, then unfortunately the car will be devalued because it's taken a hit... Which isn't so great if you choose to get rid of it and get another car.

Either way, let us know how you go.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Oh, another point... Since the car is out of factory warranty (3 years), NRMA will insist on the use of reconditioned or used spare parts wherever they can. They may even use aftermarket third party parts. They won't pay for new OEM parts unless there's no option for them.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    are you going to pay for the damage to the car you hit? or is the guy that was at fault going to pay for all of it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    with my old euro.. i had a repair done at bensons smash repairs in moorebank.. i found their paintwork and quality to be really good. They're an AAMI authorized repairer...