Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ^^^ Lol the internal diamater is the same but the throttle plate takes up less space at WOT which will increase the maximum poitential of air flow and it smooths out the casting imprefections giving you a more laminar flow. matching the throttle body opening to the intake piping will also help reduce turbulance at the transition from the intake piping to the throttle body. Very small increases but every thing you do on the d series counts

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Exactly brotha!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    got an old woodworking tip for u guys, once u remove the butterfly and rod, spray paint the inside with a light coat of contrasting colour paint. Red is best as the alloy filings will turn black.

Now when u file and sand, just ensure there is paint left where the butterfly seals.

U can do this on the butterfly disc also and personally i would only knife-edge one edge of the butterfly not both, keeping as much material there as possible.

If this was reliable, honda, and every tuner company would do it so i would be very cautious when shavind the axle and screws.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i doubt they would do it anyway - waaaaay too much work involved for such little gain lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    little gain...

I thought is was a nice lil' bump up!