Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks brotha!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    89 Civic Hatch
    Also, if you don't file as much metal off of the side of the throttle shaft where the head of the screws sit, you can counter-sink the holes and use flat screws to make it flow even better. Wish I had a picture.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    A pitchure would be great..

Thanks for the input mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    BUMP 4 FREE Power!

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    ummmm....how much kw @ the wheel does it actually make? hahahaha
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    breeza, have you worried about the piece holding the plate in being too thin?
    Thought of this but i'm not sure as i'm worried on a boosted car the plate may get pushed back and stuff my intake?

But anyway, great mod idea!
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cheers mate!

Nah,the thickness is fine.

I would just leave more off the screw thread pokeing through,i.e. dont shave so much off.

That will ensure (more piece of mind) it wont be ripped out under boost pressure but I believe the way I have done wouldn't allow that to happen anyways.

The screw looks dodgy but locks in there real good.It's just the way the it's designed.It grabs/bites the thin metal real good,so less is best.
    Last edited by beeza; 12-10-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Did this on my b16 not that long ago, felt an instant change in throttle response, much smoother an there is definally a power gain, it even sounds nicer Good upgrade which cost nothing

Hey Beeza, how would this go with a throttle body spacer for the fd1? And would this be any help on the FD1's? I want to give it a go when i have time. Thanks! Great write up by the way

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks mate,cheers!

A throttle body spacer wont affect anything/won't make a difference bacause all that's doing is lengthening distance between where the tb and IM meet.

This mod is dealing with the entry part of the air on the tb i.e. the front/top,not the other end.That end is not file out so tb will just match up as per usual with the spacer and then the IM.

Thanks Timmy,your car just feels brilliant,it would suck if U had to go back to stock now

I just finished 2 more for the y4 I had lying around the last 2 mornings.

This mod will benefit every car,because U are not changing the size of the tb and therefore the engines design,U are just opening it up and removing the restrictions,which allows for more air flow.

btw did U get a performance gain with the tb spacer?

Thing is, ive been reading alot about the tb spacer, and it made like a 4.5kw gain on the Si. Not sure about the fd1, but people saying that it feels better and sounds different too. Apparently, the Throttle body spacer, allows more air flow, much like your DIY, so i was assuming that if i combined that 2 then i would get a better result xD

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    4.5kw? Dont always believe what your told.
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME