Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    anyone ever crack some endless or project mu's ?
    I've cracked Endless Straight-6 Rotors before, mind you they were 2nd hand when I bought them
    and at least they didn't fail spectacularly like RDAs do, they just develop surface cracks that became more obvious the more you abuse them.
    I thought I might as well replace them before I push them too far.
    A bit disappointed tbh considering the brand name and price.

on another note, here's some pics of my failed RDAs from the past

Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    anyone ever crack some endless or project mu's ?
    You can crack any rotor buddy if you brake hard enough for long enough, even carbon ceramic discs.
    Its when they crack after a very short time, as in my case after 7 laps, that you think hmmmm not using these again.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    dba's > rda's

and thumbs up for slotted

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    What a fantastic thread! I would have never thought you'd crack the Endless Straight 6 rotors tho... wow... I'd be disappointed too lol :-)

I rang my local Pedders today and they can source the DBA 4000 Street Slotted rotors for $220 per rotor and about 1-2 weeks for delivery, but I guess what I'm wondering now is about brake pads. My OEM pads still have plenty of wear front and rear (just over 51,000kms on the clock) - so my question is:

Should I stick with the OEM pads with the new rotors? Or get some sports/performance pads? EK1.6LCIV says his are working well with existing OEM pads, but Tarquin changed all his pads and has had good performance too...?

I just want to make sure I'm not buying new pads if I don't need to...
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    always use new pads with new rotors

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    What a fantastic thread! I would have never thought you'd crack the Endless Straight 6 rotors tho... wow... I'd be disappointed too lol :-)

I rang my local Pedders today and they can source the DBA 4000 Street Slotted rotors for $220 per rotor and about 1-2 weeks for delivery, but I guess what I'm wondering now is about brake pads. My OEM pads still have plenty of wear front and rear (just over 51,000kms on the clock) - so my question is:

Should I stick with the OEM pads with the new rotors? Or get some sports/performance pads? EK1.6LCIV says his are working well with existing OEM pads, but Tarquin changed all his pads and has had good performance too...?

I just want to make sure I'm not buying new pads if I don't need to...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    I've been using RDA slotted disc bundled with TRW/Lucas pads for awhile now and its survived two track days. But then my car is powered by a D16 so not a power house.
    Haven't cracked or warped yet, must do cool down laps thou, just treat them correctly.
    Just my input on the RDA slotted disc. You get what you pay for thou.
    I'm pretty sure they are just OEM replacement disc with slots.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Quote Originally Posted by lukits01 View Post
    always use new pads with new rotors
    I've heard to break in new disc with old pads...

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Oem disks are shit had mine turn blue. I have given my rda's the same treatment and heeps more no cracks I've got a coupe as well with some 17's wrapped in proxy 4's

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Oem disks are shit had mine turn blue. I have given my rda's the same treatment and heeps more no cracks I've got a coupe as well with some 17's wrapped in proxy 4's
    On the contrary, I've never had an issue with Honda OEM. Tried Slotted EBC a few years back, and went back to OEM because of constant warping (of EBC).

Get top notch pads first (Ferodo DS2500 for track), high quality fluid (Motul RBF600) before spending on rotors. Of course, if you're after bling, that's another story...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3 Civic Type R (JDM)
    The company i work for actually does some of the machining on DBA rotors (mainly for 60's mustangs) but they have very high quality control and no corners are cut, basically you get what you pay for.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Agreed. Yes, I bleed brakes every 5-10,000 kms and use Castrol Dot 4.

However, I was worried about using Bendix Advance brake pads on OEM disks? I'm worried the compound of the pads may be too hard for what OEM disks were designed for from the factory (hence why I thought it might be good to upgrade rotors at same time)?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Blue means you went over the temperature that the rotors are meant to do.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2