Thread: Kenwood 7x10s

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi

Kenwood 7x10s

Im looking to get some Kenwood 7x10s for my EG....
    prob is that theres 2 models...theres the HQ ones which is 3way n then theres the normal ones which is 4way...

specs from the kenwood website looks the same to me...(sorry not too good with this stuff)....

4way..... http://www.kenwoodaudio.com/common/p...7189ie&zone=au

HQs..... http://www.kenwoodaudio.com/common/p...-HQ718&zone=au

theyre both the same price.
    ive heard the HQs, n they didnt sound too impressive...havent heard the 4ways as they didnt hav it on the sound board.

anyone got any experience with these speakers??
    Or should i get some thing else?? budget around $200...

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    why 7x10's???.. from my experience, a 2 way speaker will always sound better than a 3 way speaker... going up to a 4 way is rather ridiculous... there are SOOOO many 4 way speakers out on the market nowadays and some even more ridiculous 5 way speakers and the problem is they dont sell... but out of the different 7x10's made by kenwood, the HQ's are the one to go...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    i want the 7x10s for the bass....dont wanna take up all the boot space with a sub...
    got any other brands of speakers in mind???

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    not many brands that i know manufacture 7x10's... all i can think of is kenwood and audioline... maybe u should think of getting a bazooka style sub if u dont wanna compromise your boot space.. brands suchas JL Audio and Audiobahn (not autobahn) make these kinds of subs that hardly take up any space.. check them out
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW