Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Restoring Recaro SR3 Bucket seat?

Hi everyone,

I want to restore my Recaro SR3 bucket seat (OEM from a Toyota I believe.... same shape as DC2R). Specifically I need to replace the right hand side bolster foam as it has disentegrated which is a pretty common problem from what I've seen.

Does anyone know where I can source this spare part from in Australia? I've seen some guides online about how to replace the bolster so that shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

(I'm sure there are a few people on here also wanting to replace their bolster foams, maybe a group buy can be organised)

Best price to get is from capital seating in the uk. Works out to be around $75-80 delivered for the bolster foam.
    Takes a good hour to do the job but I've done it now and i think I can polish it off quicker
    the oz places want close to $100 for the foam, google capital seating and email

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    yep i got mine from capital seating in the UK- when you purchase via ebay, just put in the description which side you need, and they will ship it to you.

worthwhile mod, so much more supportive and also prolongs the life of the suede/alcantara

i cant recall, but if u go to their website, there is a price difference between ebay and their site

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    the website is abit more expensive

cool yeh I've heard about Capital Seating.. was just hoping there was someone in Australia with better pricing. I'll probably pick it up through ebay!

With the oz dollar so strong right now it's hard for local guys to compete, I know u need to support the local economy but sometimes u gotta support urself first

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91crx,euro
    i'm a trimmer in sydney and i repair them all the time,depending on how bad the damage a repair will cost on average $150,if your interested[or anyone else for that matter]i'd be happy to help or see your local motor trimmer,they should be able to help.saves you doing anything...

do u mean u repair the foam bolster, or the fabric as well for $150?
    i was nervous at first, cos im not a big DIY guy, but i did well fixing my recaro bolster, took me 1.5hrs, but i was fumbling around using internet instructions, but i got away for less than half the price

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91crx,euro
    usually if the foams had it the fabrics pretty bad too so $150 is to repair foam and replace fabric on the bolster as well,a foam repair only would work about half that....sounds like u gave it a go and it went ok so good on u...maybe i should give u a job

well, $150 incl fabric sounds pretty good then, definitely worth picking up a worn recaro seat for cheap and getting it patched up from u. the hard part would be getting reasonably similar fabric, but im sure u guys stock the recaro spare parts.
    pm ur business details, i might need some work done in the future

I've found a useful guide for anyone else wanting to attempt a DIY

DIY Guide

You can also pickup the foam & replacement fabric from:

Capital Seating UK

I'm not game enough to do it myself, so i might need your help travisg