Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EURO

Exclamation need some help for car accident!!

hi guys
    need some help / info for car accident

Around 2 weeks ago my friend hit someone's car but he did not have insurance of his car and of course he have responsibility to pay the repair fee for that car also he happy to do that if that is right amount.
    After 2 weeks that insurance company of that car which is he hit. They just sent him one quote and tax invoice and then ask him to pay the amount of the repair.

**Damage on that car**a little bit damage on LHS front bar and LHS front door(should be just repair) also the LHS front Guard have damage (should be change the new one)

THAT QUOTE THEY PROVIDE $21xx

My questions are
    They just have ONE quote then ask my friend to pay for it, are they doing the right thing?

If my friend not agreeing that amount of the quote can he reject them? Since they just provide ONE quote. Because the work shop which is he fix his car told him they should need to provide 2 or 3 quote. And have been told by the workshop the amount on that quote is not reasonable.

Is it possible to ask that insurance company provide two or three quote?

thanks a lot

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    You need 2 quotes. Generally one recommended by the insurance company and the other of the persons' choice. You have 14 days to accept the claim and to pay the damage or the insurance company will contact their legal consultants to issue a warning. If you do not take heed of this warning, you make be taken to court and it will get very messy. IF, you then lose the court battle it will get expensive and insuring you after that would be a nightmare.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    thanks
    thats what i though
    at list 2 quote

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    looking for more help
    pls

Hey,

well i got into a car accident aswell, merging out etc, my fault haha! the guys insurance company sent me a claim but they got my name wrong and got a letter of my rego wrong! the dude wrote down my details so how does this happen haha, I mean the address they sent it to is right but.....wrong name, wrong rego...curious about what i should do as i wasnt even supposed to open the mail under someone elses name haha

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    my friend just call up the insurance company
    the answer is the car already been fix
    PAY FOR IT OR SEE YOU IN THE COURT
    WTF

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    lucky you mate

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    so its $2k ish? thats reasonable considering the damage, after repair/replace they would have to have resprayed the whole part as well.

"**Damage on that car**a little bit damage on LHS front bar and LHS front door(should be just repair) also the LHS front Guard have damage (should be change the new one)"

If you can't pay the whole thing, pay installments that's what i did, pay them 20 dollars a week just to piss them off lol serious.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Yeah well you're friend hasn't got much choice.

No insurance.

His Fault.

I dont see hwo hard it is to get 3rd party insurance for $500-800, would of saved him the hassle of this and $2k.

Consider himself lucky he didnt cause more damage.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    yes his insurance just run out few months
    and he just paid his uni fee
    that why he didnt have enought money to buy the insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    Yeah well you're friend hasn't got much choice.

No insurance.

His Fault.

I dont see hwo hard it is to get 3rd party insurance for $500-800, would of saved him the hassle of this and $2k.

Consider himself lucky he didnt cause more damage.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by simonnowis View Post
    so its $2k ish? thats reasonable considering the damage, after repair/replace they would have to have resprayed the whole part as well.

"**Damage on that car**a little bit damage on LHS front bar and LHS front door(should be just repair) also the LHS front Guard have damage (should be change the new one)"
    its $21xx but i am not sure should be less then $2200
    but laber fee $1200 for it