Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1

96 dc2 integra abs issues? tech help needed

hi everyone, my integra refuses to remove the code 42. i've googled code 42 which means front left sensor, i've bought a new one and installed it. still fails. but only when you start driving off. obviously the abs computer thinks front left wheel isn't turning. why i don't know. i've reset the computer, cleared the code and still does it. no abs sucks in this car. so i'd like to get it fixed. my next mission is to possibly change the abs computer. if anyone has one. please let me know., it just doesn't make any sense. if the front left sensor wasn't connected it would show open circuit which is a different code., so its like its not getting any input from the sensor to the abs computer. the clearance between the sensor and ring is correct and match's all the other sides. and i cleaned the sensor and ring as well so ???? im baffled. any ideas would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    also heres a reference for anyone needing information regarding abs information since there isn't much on the net:::

honda dc2 integra diagnose abs

Sometimes the ABS light will appear in a flashing manner, just like the "CHECK ENGINE" light or Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL). Much like the ECM, it's possible to check the code for problems with the ABS system.

For starters, locate the factory diagnostic plug next to the ECU for the Integra and Civic. It is located under the dashboard, to the right of the glove box. There is a two-pin connector that contains a brown and black wire.

Jump these two wires together and turn your key to the ON position.

Here is where it gets tricky. Deciphering the DTC (diagnostic trouble code) requires reading the light sequences. When the car is in the ON position, the ABS light emits two different flashes; a long extended flash means 10, and a rapid flash means 1. So, one long flash, another long flash, followed by 3 quick flash stands for...................23! Equipped with that information, here are the codes for '93-'01 models (may vary against 3 channel or 4 channel abs module )_

FR= FRONT RIGHT

FL= FRONT LEFT

RR= REAR RIGHT

RL= REAR LEFT
    DTC Location Symptom
    11 FR Wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)
    13 FL
    15 RR
    17 RL
    12 FR Wheel Sensor (electrical noise/intermittent interruption)
    14 FL
    16 RR
    18 RL
    21 FR Pulser
    22 FL
    23 RR
    24 RL
    31 FR-IN Solenoid (short to body ground/short to wire)
    32 FR-OUT
    33 FL-IN
    34 FL-OUT
    35 RR-IN
    36 RR-OUT
    37 RL-IN
    38 RL-OUT
    41 FR Wheel Lock
    42 FL
    43 RR
    44 RL
    51 Wheel Lock
    52 Motor Stuck OFF
    53 Motor Stuck ON
    54 Fail-safe Relay
    61 Ignition Voltage
    71 Different Diameter Tire
    81 Central Processing Unit (CPU)
    Last edited by MrJDMCivic; 05-05-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    so any help would be great, i've tried everything i can think of apart from replacing the abs module.

Have you replaced your drive shafts lately? If so check that the ABS sensor ring is still installed on your driveshaft.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blulude98 View Post
    Have you replaced your drive shafts lately? If so check that the ABS sensor ring is still installed on your driveshaft.
    driveshaft ring is still there. and i cleaned it. but still tripping number 24 everytime i take off.
    Last edited by MrJDMCivic; 06-05-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    hey, i'm rather noobish with all this, and don't mean to hi-jack this already super useful thread, but i've gone and done this test on my dc2 vti-r. and i get code 18. RL Wheel Sensor (electrical noise/intermittent interruption)... i'm also on the verge of purchasing a new abs unit, but would rather not do this if the problem can be solved elsewhere.

anything i can be made aware of before getting this looked at for money on my Uni student budget?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLie View Post
    hey, i'm rather noobish with all this, and don't mean to hi-jack this already super useful thread, but i've gone and done this test on my dc2 vti-r. and i get code 18. RL Wheel Sensor (electrical noise/intermittent interruption)... i'm also on the verge of purchasing a new abs unit, but would rather not do this if the problem can be solved elsewhere.

anything i can be made aware of before getting this looked at for money on my Uni student budget?

so i did some research, and i found this stuff, which is spot on for what i need, may help others. http://hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/H...120FAAT00.HTML

it describes step by step on how to fix the problems specifially for codes 12, 14, 16 and 18

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2205909 <---- this link is a DIY on how to clean out a sensor. awesome stuff. good luck with your stuff mrjdmcivic
    Last edited by ChiLLie; 07-05-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    Dude, after cleaning out the sensor and resetting the abs comp, it STILL after a long drive gave out the same signal error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( it was fine and clear for a few hours but then, no FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU >_<

i bought a new module anyways, coz every now and then my abs will put out a super weird sound, so its probz the actuator on its way out too. If this doesn't work, plz find my suicide note on my bedside table.