Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Civic type r EP3 or Integra DC5R

I am just wondering which one would be better overall? I do like the look of EP3 but at the same time i reckon i DC5R looks more aggressive. Whats the main difference between them? They have the same engine so i am guessing there wont be much difference in power.

The EP3 is rare and i guess thats why i want to buy it. But i think getting parts such as bumpers, panels will be alot harder than a DC5R.

Also most DC5R have over 100km which kinda puts me off buying them

So what do u guys think? EP3R or DC5R?

PS: i dont know if i should put this in the integra or civic section, so admins feel free to move it to the appropriate place
    Last edited by PeppeX; 05-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    I'm guessing you haven't got many replies because this is probably something you could have searched for.

anyway, i don't know much about either car, only what i've read about them, but as far as I can tell it seems the EP3 has one sweet FWD chassis, whereas the DC5R (especially AUDM) turned out being an underwhelming successor to the DC2.

it's simple - drive both and you'll know which one you like more. if looks are everything to you, base your choice on that. good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    i know ur comparing the ep3r and dc5r but here is a recent thread of ep3r vs dc5s http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...Integra-Type-S
    also many threads comparing the dc5s vs dc5r..... so just search!
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lollerskates
    If you like the look of both, then EP3 is better bang for buck

Quote Originally Posted by wtfhax View Post
    If you like the look of both, then EP3 is better bang for buck
    Why is the better bang for the buck?

Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post
    i know ur comparing the ep3r and dc5r but here is a recent thread of ep3r vs dc5s http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...Integra-Type-S
    also many threads comparing the dc5s vs dc5r..... so just search!
    Well i actually have searched..... and i have already read the 'type s' vs EP3

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    ive driven both and it depends on what you like.. but the ep3r is faster stock for stock
    it all depends on how you like driving.. the dc5r is quite low and hard for the little asians and the ep3r is a standard hieght carand you do see less of the ep3r

i say go the ep3r

Member Array
    Car:
    Your mate
    Dc5s

Quote Originally Posted by p3akin View Post
    ive driven both and it depends on what you like.. but the ep3r is faster stock for stock
    it all depends on how you like driving.. the dc5r is quite low and hard for the little asians and the ep3r is a standard hieght carand you do see less of the ep3r

i say go the ep3r
    I am asian, but i aint short haha. So i guess the DC5R wont be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Antv View Post
    ep3r turns heads lol. ive had several people talk to me at redlights saying its a nice car, most did not even know what it is. i say ep3r
    I would have thought the DC5R would turn more heads. The EP3R just looks like another civic for those who dont know it. I havent seen a EP3R around sydney at all . Are u up the north shore?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Quote Originally Posted by Antv View Post
    ep3r turns heads lol.
    ermm....really? ppl who know what an ep3r might do this

ive shown heaps of ppl a pic of this car and they reckon its a girls car or what old ppl/grannys drive lol.. if i wasnt into cars and didnt know what an ep3r is, i would prob agree with them, but i dont...i would get one if i could afford it too...so ep3r>dc5r

edit: just saw ur last post antv, ....yes only honda fanboys...(my point exactly =p lol)
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I loved my ep3r and yes it is much quicker than a dc5r stock and yes parts such as bumpers and other spare parts can be extremly hard 2 get for them. The ep3r does get alot of looks and they always get mistaken for a jazz for the ppl that don't know what they are. But too the ppl that do know what they are they always coment on how nice it is. My choice was an ep3r but test drive both and make up your mind on what you feel is beat for you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord CL9 (2006)
    vote for EP3

Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    I loved my ep3r and yes it is much quicker than a dc5r stock and yes parts such as bumpers and other spare parts can be extremly hard 2 get for them. The ep3r does get alot of looks and they always get mistaken for a jazz for the ppl that don't know what they are. But too the ppl that do know what they are they always coment on how nice it is. My choice was an ep3r but test drive both and make up your mind on what you feel is beat for you.
    So why is it quicker than a DC5R stock? I believe the EP3R is a little bit heavier than the DC5R

DC5R - 1160Kg (without Air Conditioning - Optional)

EP3R - 1239kg http://www.fastestlaps.com/car_Honda..._Facelift.html

I guess the DC5R will be closer to 1200kg since it has aircon in aus, but the EP3R is still heavier. So how come it is quicker?
    Last edited by PeppeX; 09-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.