Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R

Exclamation Changing fuel filter in DC5R...is it hard?

Looking to change my fuel filter in my DC5R since its done over 80,000kms. I looked at the service manual I downloaded and it looks doable, from a DIY perspective but was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this?

It says to relieve the fuel pressure from the "fuel pulsation damper at the fuel rail" and to replace the washer once its been loosened....where can I get this replacement washer? (part number?)

And does anyone know where I can get the replacement fuel filter or what the part number is?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    not really that difficult, just remember how it came out and you're sweet.
    I can't remember but the fuel filter (if genuine OEM) should contain those washers and rubber o-rings.
    Why hello there

I remember it came with washers and rubber o - rings, and would cost around $120 from honda.
    It normal takes half an hour - 45 mins.
    I guess it's better to let the mechanic to do it.
    As you are inch away the fuel. and it seats under the backseat.
    Hope it would help you ~

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I had a look under my seat and it looks like its pretty straight forward (just remove the screws to access the fuel tank) and I'm all good. Will look into it.
    $120 for a fuel filter? Wow, what happened to those external filters you can get for other cars that are only $15-$20...boo Honda! : P

Member Array
    Car:
    vq35de
    The tricky part will be finding a tool to undo the fuel tank lock nut under the cover.
    But before you undo it, put a locating mark on the lock nut and on the shell so you know exactly how much to tighten it after or just use a torque wrench if you have an attachment.
    I over tightened mine and the gasket popped out and dumped a heap of fuel on the road.

Its also recommended to replace all o-rings and gasket.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    I went to Autobarn and Repco today to find out how much their fuel filters are and it turns out its about 1/3 the price of the original. However, its not an in-tank filter which confuses me..Does the DC5R even have an external fuel filter? I went under my car and the closest thing I could find that looks like a fuel filter is this picture here (taken from the back of the car):

From my understanding, the DC2R should have an external fuel filter in the engine bay, but the DC5R has one inside the tank. I asked the person to double check that the fuel filter is for the correct car and engine (K20A2) and she said its the correct one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    bump?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Anyone? This looks like the fuel filter, but I want to be sure otherwise I'm returning this fuel filter thats apparently suitable for the DC5R. I referred to the service manual, but it only mentions about the in tank filter. Surely someone out there has done a fuel filter change??

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    I've only touched the in tank one, as far as I am concerned that is the only fuel filter that requires changing at the intervals of every 80,000km
    Why hello there

the one that requires changing is the internal one. wouldnt touch anything else.